Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Beginner Box

IronWolf

blank
I see it'll be in the core rules subscription so I know I'll be receiving it (Yay!). I"m just curious to see how they plan to turn it into a PDF. Will they do separate PDFs for the various components only or would they try to shoehorn all of it into one consolidated PDF as well? Note: I won't get into digitalization of the dice and such. I leave that to others to debate.

I have a boxed set from another company that I bought as a PDF and it came in one zip file with a PDF for each book that had been included in the original boxed set. It worked pretty well for that particular boxed set (Castle Whiterock).

I'm looking forward to this as well. It was great to come to ENWorld today to see news of the new box as the headline.

I see it'll be in the core rules subscription so I know I'll be receiving it (Yay!). I"m just curious to see how they plan to turn it into a PDF. Will they do separate PDFs for the various components only or would they try to shoehorn all of it into one consolidated PDF as well? Note: I won't get into digitalization of the dice and such. I leave that to others to debate.

Are you sure it is in the PfRPG rules subscription? A fair few people won't want that as it is superfluous to many rules subscribers.

Reynard

Legend
I will buy at least one of these simply to support strong entry level yet fully playable products. Our hobby needs much, much more of this and if strong sales of the " PF Basic" set results in "Traveller Basic" or "Earthdawn Basic" that's a win in my book.

Dannager

First Post
Are you sure it is in the PfRPG rules subscription? A fair few people won't want that as it is superfluous to many rules subscribers.

While they're certainly free to cancel (and later resubscribe) to avoid receiving the Beginner Box, I would argue that the right thing to do, if you receive a copy and have no need for it because you're a long-time player, is to give the Beginner Box to someone who might enjoy it.

Rather than seeing its inclusion in the subscription as reason to be upset, this ought to be seen as a golden opportunity to expand the hobby.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
I am definitely buying this boxset when it comes out. I'm also glad they are not going to write a set of beginner rules and then make people relearn the rules for regular Pathfinder. This is where D&D failed big time when it came out with the Red Box.

Dannager

First Post
I am definitely buying this boxset when it comes out. I'm also glad they are not going to write a set of beginner rules and then make people relearn the rules for regular Pathfinder. This is where D&D failed big time when it came out with the Red Box.

Are you talking about the red box D&D Starter Set that came out recently? If so, you're incorrect. The Starter Set's rules are the 4e rules - they're identical.

pawsplay

Hero
Are you talking about the red box D&D Starter Set that came out recently? If so, you're incorrect. The Starter Set's rules are the 4e rules - they're identical.

That would also be untrue for the original Red Box, which led to the Expert, Companion, Master, and Immortal sets.

Votan

Explorer
That would also be untrue for the original Red Box, which led to the Expert, Companion, Master, and Immortal sets.

Although much fun could be had (as a practical joke) starting somebody with BECMI and swearing it was compatible with 4E. They are both good systems but they really emphasize different foci.

I am delighted to see a good beginner boxed set. A definite need for the hobby, I'd say.

Remove ads