• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kickstarter Pathfinder Chronicles of Ramlar Kickstarter w/One-Roll Combat is Live

Tone Cold

First Post
Are you looking for:

• Pathfinder combat encounters that can be resolved with one die roll without sacrificing suspense, while everybody has an equal chance at the spotlight?
  • Tried-and-true Momentum mechanics that use successes from previous round to propel successes in the current round, while encouraging creativity and teamwork at the same time?
  • Experience system tailored to what you do as well as HOW you do it, and lets you accomplish ANYTHING you want?
  • A world where the most powerful and revered deity may reshape the New Age in your image?

You can find all that and more in the Chronicles of Ramlar, Pathfinder Edition kickstarter! Your pledge gets you not just one game (Pathfinder) but TWO, as the original A/B System versions of the rulebook and sourcebooks are included! The kickstarter, from Whispering Tree Press, is now live and runs until August 11. Don't miss it!

DungeonHack

Explorer
The original had the most gorgeous artwork I'd seen in an RPG to that point. I didn't care for the original system, but man, that book was practically an art book. I keep it around for that reason.

I wish you luck with this! Are any of the original artists doing more work for the Pathfinder version?

Tone Cold

First Post
Thanks, DH! The stable of artists assembled for the game line was virtually All-Star: Larry Elmore, Ben Wooten, Mark Tedin, Ron Spencer, Lindsay Archer, Jennifer Meyers, Alex Bradley... and on and on, so naturally it produced a stunning book :)

Yes, we'll have original artists back for the Pathfinder version and new artwork will appear in two of the five One-on-One Quest solo adventures, as well as the Divine Might book (iirc, Mark Tedin is the main artist for that one). Art is one of the game line's strongest suits so we'll do everything to retain it. (That said, the Pathfinder conversion will bring innovations to the game system as well, so let me know if there's anything about the mechanics or world that interests you and I'll go into as much detail as I can!)

DungeonHack

Explorer
I love the Pathfinder system. If I were to make one mechanics request based on that, I'd ask that you make it so that first-level characters have as many options as possible; nothing boosts my initial engagement with a setting more than setting-specific options for character generation.

Tone Cold

First Post
What kind of setting-specific character options would you be interested in, beyond the racial bonus/features/traits? Currently there's a questionnaire option where you get bonus ability points for answering questions about your character (from as simple as name or nickname to as complex as personal secrets). Let us know, we definitely want to accommodate your suggestions as much as possible!

Tone Cold

First Post
We'll cook up some character traits, and probably a free trait to choose from a selection of three or four for each race, and perhaps some class-specific traits too. Thanks, DH!

Tone Cold

First Post
I forgot to mention that we'll be showcasing an illustration a day from the game on the Chronicles of Ramlar Page on Facebook, starting today with the Kasmarkan dwarf clutching the badass Octmarc axe! It's alongside a small collection of art already there, so if you're a fan or just someone who appreciates good fantasy art, be sure to swing by and check it out!

Tone Cold

First Post
As if all the PDFs and books you get for backing the Chronicles of Ramlar, Pathfinder Edition kickstarter aren't enough, we want to throw in MORE! Upon funding, all backers, including at $1 Beta-playtest level, get a PDF compilation of adventures! "The Search for Albino Equion," the infamous "Something Wicked Stirred" Halloween offering, plus other scenarios to jumpstart your CoR campaign. Our way of thanking you for your support!

Also new is our first stretch goal, a CHRISTINA STILES SHORT STORY at $10,000. When funding reaches 10K, every backer gets a short story set in Eranon from Christina Stiles of the "Christina Stiles Presents" (Super Genius Games) fame!

We're off to a decent start but we still could use your help! Please tweet, blog, post, or simply tell every gaming family and friend you know about this project: the gorgeous art, the rich world backdrop, the innovations we're trying to bring to the Pathfinder system, and the copious rewards you get for backing us! Convince them to back us and together we can make it happen. Thank you!

Tone Cold

First Post
John Prescott and I (Tony Lee) will be on the popular #RPGNet Chat hosted by Dan Davenport tonight (July 22) at 7pm CST to discuss all things Ramlar. Join us to talk more about the nifty world and game features being converted to Pathfinder, such as Momentum, Demeanor/Theme, Improvised Spellcasting, Custom Combat Maneuver Creation, etc.

Here are links to some reviews to the original A/B version for the curious:

Revised Edition Player's Guide Review from Tommy Brownell.
Another Revised Edition Player's Guide Buyer's Review on DriveThruRPG.
1st Edition Review from RPGNet.
Another 1st Edition Review from Flames Rising.

Should be a lot of fun. See you there!

Remove ads