• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder Converts: what non-PF 3.X stuff do you typically import?

Obryn Darkfell

First Post
Aberrant d20: primarily the "Nova" template and powers
Monte Cook's WoD: Attempting to adapt the spellcasting system.
Eberron: The primary setting, modified.
Forgotten Realms: Character Regions

...and while not quite 3.x...
Gamma World Mutants and Machines: Some very cool monsters...
and d20 Future and Apocalypse... mutations.

QuestionC

First Post
My group brought over the Artificer and Spellthief. Spellthief we probably could have (should have) done using the kits like in APG. Artificer is a pretty simple convert.

Psion

Adventurer
Psionics. :cool:

Environment books (Stormwrack, Frostburn, Sandstorm)

Fiendish Codices

I'm glad to leave most of the WotC 3.5 stuff behind...

3rd party monster books: Tome of Horror I-III, Advanced Bestiary, Book of Templates, Book of Fiends, Denizens of Avadnu

Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous for detailed religions.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Well, i'm trying to think. My current pathfinder games were converted over from ongoing 3.5 games (Forgotten Realms, mostly). So I suppose certain FR stuff will be ok with some conversion. Also psionics and also some savage species until pathfinder suitable replacements gets made. Everything has to be approved on a case by case basis. So far, players have used the following:
-FR regional feats
-psionics (had one telepath psion with a psycrystal but he just bit the big one)
-favored soul
-pixie monster progression from savage species (with negative levels house rule)

As a gm, I've used several different 3.X monsters. Currently the group has taken a trip onto the outer planes/Planescape, so I'm using the 3e Manual of the Planes and several books from 2e and 3e D&D. Probably will have to devise a trait system or something for the factions.

Also used the Freeport trilogy (the revised version for 3.5) and the Freeport city of adventure book in a past mini-campaign for pathfinder.

coyote6

Adventurer
I am going to start a Pathfinder game in the next month or so, and I plan on allowing the revivify spell for sure. That'll probably be about it, though, unless someone has a specific request.

LurkMonkey

First Post
Hmm. I have used monsters from a whole bunch of 3x books: The Tome of Horrors, the Book of Templates, Advanced Bestiary, MMs I-V (although the PF Bestiary kinda has redone many of my faves there). I use a lot of stuff from Libris Mortis, and I have taken bits and pieces from the staggering amount of GR stuff I was able to pick up a few years back when they had their 3x firesale. :D Plus I have an extensive 1e/2e collection from previous decades, which I often rummage through for interesting bits. As you can see here there's plenty of goodies to pick through! =D

My only active game at the moment is actually a straight 2e-era-fluff-style Planescape one with PF rules. I lean a lot on the 3x conversions posted to Planewalker.com to make it easier to use some of the Cage NPCs. I am also running the party through the old Monte Cook module: Dead Gods.

As for my players, they use a mish-mash of stuff, much of which is 3x variants. One character is a harpy bard, another a 3x Warlock, another a 3x Duskblade, another a psionic kineticist. With a little tweaking it is all fairly easy to do.

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
Nothing. We have started to convert some monsters as part of the podcast, but in terms or spells or classes?

Nothing. The power creep and the broken nature of many of the later additions of 3.5 is what we were trying to escape when we moved to Pathfinder. Bringing along the broken stuff into a game of Pathfinder made no sense. We started playing Pathfinder to ESCAPE that 3.5 material in the first place.

Crothian

First Post
Nothing. I'm not even interested in the third part pathfinder stuff. I still have a ton of books and options that could be used but I just don't currently have any interest in using it to complicate the game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads