• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] DarkSun: Dangerous Beginnings

veldan

First Post
Lela leans rather casually on her spear;

"Well, first off, let's open up with some introductions? My name's Lela, originally from Makla. I'm skilled with this here spear. I'm also knowledgeable about the various plants, animals, and dangers we are going to be facing out here in the desert. This is not my first ill-prepared jaunt into the desert, and definitely won't be my last. <winks>"

"Even if you may already have someone with my credentials, what happens if some Belgoi come and take them away? Or we happen across some mulworm poison? I can identify what we might be able to scrounge up and hopefully make the antidote."

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I am Ardon, I have lived in this desert all my life, I know every dune as well as my kin, who were killed by an elven raid. I can help you survive in the desert, I know how o survive and keep others alive as well. I am skilled with my bow and can easily shoot far away enemies or game equally well.

Walking Dad

First Post
The other ex-guards look shocked at their former co-workers:

"Are you both gotten insane? These are just slaves! Let's take their stuff and get out of here!" The burly mul with the obsidian bastardsword snaps. The other mul, and the two human males seem more unsure what side to take. Especially, if Ardon and Lela would possibly choose the slave's side.

veldan

First Post
Lela glances at Raluk dismissively and tightens her grip on her spear.

"Raluk, calm down. I know you guys want to walk to the trade outpost, but honestly that will just get us back into the situation we are currently in. There's a reason we find ourselves stuck here, and that's because House Stel wanted to save a few ceramics by not properly defending a caravan they knew was heading through hostile territory. I am not going to find myself in that situation again, if there's a viable alternative."

/ooc Using bluff (+14) or diplomacy (+10) to try and calm the Mul with the Bastard Sword. Hopefully, I can convince him to not attack for at least a little bit longer.

She looks over at the Mul ex-slave, ensuring that Raluk does not leave her periphery,

"There's a trade outpost several days walk from here, but I doubt you guys want to head there. So, what are your plans?"

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Ardon takes a few steps away from the guards, holding his hands up in a non-threatening manner, even so, he keeps his shoulder down slightly so he can take out his bow as soon as possible.

Andor

First Post
Gilliam grins at the Mul as a Soulknife coalesces in his hand to glitter blue under the harsh sun. "You want Gilliam stuff khe-pok? Come take it, you!"

kinem

Adventurer
"We may have been slaves but that is over and we didn't get this far by being weak. I've slain more than one fool who thought he was tough, and if I have to do it again that's fine with me.

We have a destination in mind, yes."

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Will give you a bit more time for roleplaying.

BTW: Going to the outpost wouldn't be that dangerous. Besides a stop for the caravans, it also is the usual place to refresh water supplies for travelers in this surroundings.

veldan

First Post
"We may have been slaves but that is over and we didn't get this far by being weak. I've slain more than one fool who thought he was tough, and if I have to do it again that's fine with me.

We have a destination in mind, yes."

"Excellent," says Lela. She turns back to the party of guards, trying to find the correct words to use just in case these former slaves decide not to allow her to travel with them. "In the same amount of time that it took us to flee the caravan with only our own hides, these 'slaves' were able to secure their freedom, gather supplies and equipment, and figure out where they are going so they won't be instantly thrown back into slavery." She looks over at the ex-slaves admiringly, "I'd rather cast my lot in with a group this resourceful any day of the week."

Seeing that Raluk is still standing in a threatening pose, she begins to take a few steps backward away from the guard group toward the ex-slaves. "Now, please, lower your weapon and let's let cooler heads prevail here. After all, the outpost isn't far, and with the traffic on the road you should be picked up easily. But I for one, if I can get the chance will not be returning to work for the Merchant house."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"So, crazy girl and the pseudo elf prefer to hang around with the slaves? I will give you a choice: We get half the water, go to the outpost and don't tell that some escaped slaves are running around. By Hanuman's beard, I will even say that our slaves perished in the wrack.

Deal?"
The burly mul with the obsidian bastardsword you now knew as Raluk offers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads