• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] DarkSun: Dangerous Beginnings

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Ardon will accept Lelas presence, even if slightly annoyed by her pestering,does his best to stay calm, and also answers her questions. Right before she threw the beetle he tried to alert her to its identity, a split second before covering his ears as she threw it

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"Good story. And let us follow Garn's example, if we can. I have had enough of servitude; rulership remains on my list to try" Kline declares.

As the group travels, he tries not to let his worries about water be obvious.

veldan

First Post
"Good story. And let us follow Garn's example, if we can. I have had enough of servitude; rulership remains on my list to try" Kline declares

"Well, all hail King Kline, ruler of all he surveys!" Lela laughs as she bows deeply and motions for everyone to survey the great landscape that includes 3 sand dunes and some sun bleached half buried bones of an Inix. "Well... maybe we can work on getting a better landscape to surveil once we get ourselves out of this pickle." She smiles wryly at Kline.

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: As no one objected Lela's suggestion, I will move you nearer to the thicket.

The thicket is nearly a half-mile across. From its center glistens a scintillating silver reflection, the unmistakable gleam of water. The thorny bushes grow most densely over the silvery reflection. The reflection is thirty yards in diameter. The thorny bushes themselves have a drab gray-pink tinge to them.

Attachments

• Thicket.JPG
    Thicket.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 65

kinem

Adventurer
"Well, all hail King Kline, ruler of all he surveys!" Lela laughs as she bows deeply and motions for everyone to survey the great landscape that includes 3 sand dunes and some sun bleached half buried bones of an Inix. "Well... maybe we can work on getting a better landscape to surveil once we get ourselves out of this pickle." She smiles wryly at Kline.

Kline laughs - for the first time in a long time.

"Better a lord here than a servant in a heavily populated city."

veldan

First Post
ooc: As no one objected Lela's suggestion, I will move you nearer to the thicket.

The thicket is nearly a half-mile across. From its center glistens a scintillating silver reflection, the unmistakable gleam of water. The thorny bushes grow most densely over the silvery reflection. The reflection is thirty yards in diameter. The thorny bushes themselves have a drab gray-pink tinge to them.

"Water!" Lela is barely able to keep herself from yelling out, but it comes out in a hushed tone of disbelief.

"This can't be the oasis on the map, can it? It's huge! How could this not be on the map? We need to be careful if we enter, the cover looks real thick. You can't tell what's inside, it could be the home to something nasty. Ardon, what do you think?" Lela lets these words fall out of her mouth real quick.

The sheer excitement about quenching her thirst is nearly overwhelming. But she is also in sheer disbelief of what's staring her in the face, there's gotta be a catch.

Someone's going to come out from the thicket and demand a silver piece per person just to fill up, or it's the home of a whole pack of Tembo's, or the Jura Dai are going to come back over the hill demanding our empty water skins, or it's actually not water, but a whole pile of silver coins... which are completely useless right now. There's just no way that finding this oasis unguarded is a possibility!

While her mind spins like mad over this possible good fortune, she begins to look around for something that could work as a torch (a Bone, branch... something)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: You can always use some of your clothes and bones to make a torch. But you would still need to move nearer to get the bushes in the reach of the torch light.

veldan

First Post
ooc: You can always use some of your clothes and bones to make a torch. But you would still need to move nearer to get the bushes in the reach of the torch light.

ooc: Okay, I just didn't want to assume that there was a bone laying about.

Lela cuts her pants off at the ankles and lays out the strips of cloth to wrap around the bone. She needs just a little light, not an excessive amount. Lighting the torch proves to be difficult since nobody has any fire starting equipment, but she finds 2 stones to smack together to eventually make a spark.

ooc: She tries to disguise the fact that she actually cast a flare cantrip, at just a low enough intensity just to make a few sparks that got the torch going.

She goes up to the thicket to try to get a closer look. Still not entering at this time.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Wait! since we don't know who, or what, is in the thicket, shouldn't we have our strongest fighters go in first, in case there's a fight?

[sblock=OOC]I just figured it might be a good suggestion, seeing as we have no idea if it's a trap or not[/sblock]

Remove ads