• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Equipping starting characters

In Zeitgeist (for Pathfinder) how are STARTING characters equipped? I understand that they will be getting like a 1000 gold pieces each for equipment and magic items at a certain point in the first adventure...but what do they have before that? My players all want to know whether they get their standard starting equipment or not. I am not sure what to tell them as this is not a standard D&D campaign in that the characters are part of the Homeland Constabulary..do they need armor and/or weapons before they get their 1000 gold pieces??

Rugult

On Call GM
The assumption is starting gold, but I will elaborate on this in the revision of the Player's Guide (which I am now in the process of looking over). :)

Goldkatana

First Post
I also did not know officially what to do. I'd promised the players they could get all they "need" to perform their missions. When I passed out the 100gp, they said they didn't need any money. I pointed out they'd get all they NEED from the RHC, but there might be something they WANT. Like, their own sword or musket, rather than the ratty gov't issue, which comes with a bundle of paperwork. They can get free room & board at the RHC dorms, if they like bread, potatoes, and fish every night. Armor is NOT needed for missions, at least this point.

The party took the hint, and the gold. Spent it getting their own equipment and assumed they were issued basic clothing, caps, belts, badges, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads