• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder: Fallout-feel Feats.

Puxido

First Post
I'm having a Fallout set campaign coming up, and I came up with a number of feats that fit the feel, what do you guys think of them?

Lady Killer/ Black widow: You get a +2 to attack rolls against people of the opposite gender starting at level one, and this bonus goes up be two at levels 5, 15, and twenty. And you get a +2 to diplomacy and bluff checks against people of the opposite gender starting at level one, and this goes up by two at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.

Confirmed bachelor/ Cherchez La Femme: The same as the previous but for people of the same gender.

Holdout: Prerequisits: Dex 16, or Sleight of hand or stealth as a class skill, or 3 ranks in sleight of hand and stealth: Weapons with benefits to concealing double their benefits.

Holdout Improved: Dex 16, or Sleight of hand or stealth as a class skill, or 3 ranks in sleight of hand and stealth, and Holdout: Weapons with the holdout special (as decided by GM) no longer need checks to be concealed.

Mysterious strangers: There are three mysterious strangers, each can benefit the players, but each requires their own feat. They can summon them at will, but whether they show up or not is decided be a d100 roll, and each have their own variable, if failed the player cannot attempt another summon of a mysterious stranger for 20 mins (lowered to 10 at level 10), and each stranger can only be successfully summoned once a day.
Mysterious stranger: Variable 1-10: A gunslinger with +2 to called shots.
Miss Fortune: Knocks 1d4 enemy NPC's prone (raises to 2d4 at level 10)
The pink eyed one: Tied to each of the players backstory secretly, he is a Sorcerer (psychic) with a strange interest in each of the players. Perhaps they are seen to him to be the hope of the wastes, perhaps he has grown to care for each, perhaps he is bored, or maybe they are all means to an end for him, pawns to be crushed once they outlive their usefulness. Hard to tell considering he lead to each being imprisoned in the beginning of the campaign.

Power armor pro: Pre: can only be given by an NPC: You are proficient with Power armor: gain any armor pro they didn't have previously.

Cowboy: Pre: level 10: +5 competence bonus to all revolvers, lever action guns, one handed axes (including tomahawks), knives, thrown knives and axes, dynamite, shotguns, and any laser/plasma weapon that resembles a archaic western firearm.

Grunt: Pre: Level 10: +5 competence bonus to Light machine gun Madsen, m16, Machine gun, Maxim M1910, all grenades, 9mm pistol, desert eagle, 12.7 mm pistol, and any attack made with a bayonet.

Mobster: Pre: level 10: +5 competence bonus to Thompson machine gun, Laser RCW, baseball bat, tee ball bat, bachete, brass knuckles, butterfly knife, and switchblade.

Fencer: +3 competence bonus to rapiers and cutlasses (if you can find one).

Knight: +2 competence bonus to all melee weapons.

Staunch imperialist: +2 bonus against all raiders, ceasers legion, tribals, fiends, ghouls, super mutants, and anything else considered "uncivilized".

Tribal: Pre: level 10: +5 competence bonus to archaic ranged weapons. (does not include crossbow)

Child at heart: +5 bonus to diplomacy and bluff checks against children.

Four eyes: +2 to concentration, knowledge, and disable/use technology checks while wearing any type of glasses.

Biker +2 competence bonus to unarmed attacks or attacks implementing fist weapons, knives, or the pool que, while wearing light or medium armor which implements leather. And +4 on ride checks on motorcycles or quadcycles.

What is a competence bonus to weapons? Remember, you're not allowed to invent any feat that is strictly better than Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization, so the most you can get from a feat is +1 bonus to attack rolls or a +2 bonus to weapon damage with one specific type of weapon.

Ramaster

Adventurer
Some of these seem wildly overpowered and some seem quite underpowered. Let’s go 1 by one.

Lady Killer/ Black widow + Confirmed bachelor/ Cherchez La Femme: Those seem about right. I'd make three small changes. First of all, if you are a Lady Killer you cannot take Confirmed Bachelor and the same goes for the other pair (I think this works like this on Fallout). Second, I would change the bonus to a damage one. Third, I would add the requirement of being a humanoid and triggering against humanoids of the opposite/same gender (imagine having them triggering against a Drake or something like that).

Holdout / Holdout Improved: These are almost useless, and they have a rather high pre requisite! I think you would never see a PC take one of these, but change it to: "Holdout: You automatically succeed on opposed checks to conceal weapons on your person as long as they are Small or smaller."

Mysterious strangers: The wording is sooo confusing. It seems quite flavorful, but vastly overpowered. Consider rewriting them.

Power armor pro: I don't quite understand how this works, but to know if it is balanced, we need to know how Power Armor looks like.

Cowboy / Grunt / Mobster / Tribal: To what does this bonus applies? Damage rolls? Overpowered. Attack rolls? GREATLY overpowered. If it is damage, change it to +3. If you mean attack rolls, +1.

Fencer / Knight: Same as above.

Staunch imperialist: I would change it to work similarly to a Ranger favored enemy, maybe roll back the bonus to +1 because it applies to a lot of creatures.

Child at heart: This seems quite creepy... I suggest just bumping on point the starting attitude of creatures with the "young" template.

Four eyes: About right!

Biker: This seems good until you consider the Brawler. Any Brawler would take it on level 1.

Remove ads