• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Flames of Littleton (ooc thread)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Store bought coffee is devoid of all of the essential oils. I think it is without ... how do i say, body?

I like to get the most freshly roasted and so I have been going to Dunn Brothers coffee. Problem is, they rearely serve Sumatra coffee.

VanorDM

Explorer
For what it's worth, which I'm not sure is a whole lot. :) But I figured I'd mention this just in case any one cares.

I'm using a Virtual TT program called maptools to run the campaign and keep track of where everyone is. So if you have any questions about location and the like I should be able to either give you a detailed answer or post a image depending on what would work best.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
So if you have any questions about location and the like I should be able to either give you a detailed answer or post a image depending on what would work best.

Images are nice as long as they're small and easy to load. Another game I'm in uses really neat maps, but I often have a hard time looking at them because they don't like my computer.

Scott DeWar

Sometimes i have to go to the coffee shop just to use the computers there so as to see a map. Yes, reall. Just to use the computers. Of course, Coffee ain't too bad an idea either.

Last edited:

VanorDM

Explorer
I'll make a point of keeping the images small. They all should be .gif's which are normally quite small filesize wise. The Littleton map I uploaded was 648k for example...

But if anyone has an issue with them let me know and I'll try and find a format and size that works for everyone.

ghostcat

First Post
I'll make a point of keeping the images small. They all should be .gif's which are normally quite small filesize wise. The Littleton map I uploaded was 648k for example...

But if anyone has an issue with them let me know and I'll try and find a format and size that works for everyone.

To my knowledge GIFs are not particularly small. JPEGS are usually a lot smaller. As a test, I took littleton.gif and stored it as a JPEG. The gif is 648K and the jpeg is 232K.

That said, I have not had any trouble with your maps so far.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
IME, waiting for each person to post actions in initiative order, followed (presumably) by a DM's response, is a formula for disaster in a PbP game (insofar as anything associated with a PbP game can be a disaster).

My suggestions:

1. Have everyone roll for initiative, and then everyone posts their desired actions. DM adjudicates results, including modding actions where applicable. I do this in my games, and it generally works pretty well.

2. Have everyone post their actions. The order actions are posted in determines initiative. DM adjudicates, et cetera. I've never done this, but I've read that some PbP DMs do.

Scott DeWar

I agree that waiting for people to post in their inititive order is very slow, and I see a lot of my PBP DM's use the firsst method in Your post there Mark, but I have never seen the second one used. Just a thought.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads