[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

Cade puts a finger up to his mouth and quietly hisses out "Ssssshhhh!!" as he turns to shush Ray, then gestures for everyone to stay put and quiet for a moment.

He creeps carefully towards the nearest pile of shredded tapestries where the snoring might be coming from, and takes a careful look to see what might be sleeping under them like blankets. If needed, he'll lift the edge of the tapestry enough to get a peek.

If he sees a goblin or hobgoblin there, Cade carefully positions his morningstar, then brings it down in a two-handed swing to crush the goblinoid's neck so it will die without sounding an alarm. He'll try to creep over to the next such pile of tapestries afterward and check to see if anything rests there, then follow through in like fashion if he finds another goblinoid.

[sblock=ooc]Taking 10 on Stealth for a 16. Coup de grace if I find a goblinoid, for an automatic critical hit with sneak attack of 19 damage. Repeat on the next goblinoid sleeper I find, if applicable, for 23 damage.
2d8+8+1d6=19, 2d8+8+1d6=23 [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: More power to you, WD! I've often thought that 'taking 10 or even 20' is horribly abused here at ENWorld!] [That would be worth an experience point if I could yet give you another one.]

No offense intended, Arkhandus!

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Just figured taking 10 might be alright since the enemies in the room seem to be sleeping, not awake and wary. Rolled a cruddy 9 total, somehow, for sneaking over to the first sleeper, and a17 for approaching the next one if applicable.
1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=17 [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Just figured taking 10 might be alright since the enemies in the room seem to be sleeping, not awake and wary. Rolled a cruddy 9 total, somehow, for sneaking over to the first sleeper, and a17 for approaching the next one if applicable.
1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=17 [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. I'm counting sneaking around sleeping monsters as worth a roll.[/sblock]

With a shriek the goblin awakes, alerting the others, too!

ooc: The goblins a prone, don't have drawn a weapon and are flatfooted in the surprise round each of you gets. Please post an initiative roll with your surprise round action.

Attachments

• Dining Room.JPG
    Dining Room.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 56

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade somehow hits a rock with his boot while approaching the goblin, inadvertently kicking the rock across the floor and alerting the stupid goblinoid..... He curses and tries to smash it before the thing can scream, but apparently reacts too late.

[sblock=ooc]Ugh, what a pain in the ass.......even asleep it heard Cade coming and woke up right away, then screamed before he could even budge? -_-
1d20+2=17, 1d20+9=19, 1d8+4+1d6=9
I got a 17 for Initiative. Attack roll of 19 against the prone goblin in front of Cade, for 9 measely damage even with sneak attack. I assume the surprise round only allows a single action, but if Cade does have any move action left after that he'll move to the goblin in the far corner.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post

[sblock=ooc]Ugh, what a pain in the ass.......even asleep it heard Cade coming and woke up right away, then screamed before he could even budge? -_-
1d20+2=17, 1d20+9=19, 1d8+4+1d6=9
I got a 17 for Initiative. Attack roll of 19 against the prone goblin in front of Cade, for 9 measely damage even with sneak attack. I assume the surprise round only allows a single action, but if Cade does have any move action left after that he'll move to the goblin in the far corner.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] I'm adapting an old 3.0 adventure here. And it says, if someone doesn't beat DC 10, the goblins awake shrieking. On the good side, your blow kills it and there is a good chance that you can attack another one while it is still flat-footed.[/sblock]

Remove ads