• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Planning on switching to Pathfinder?

Sadrik

First Post
Anybody planning on switching to pathfinder and if so from what?

My guess is that there will be a lot of 3.5 upgrades and a few 4e downgrades(?).

Perram

Explorer
I switched from 4e to Pathfinder Beta, so I'll be switching up from beta?

[Edit:] I still play 4e, too, though.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
No, but I try to never drop a game just to play a new one. Once the current campaign is done we'll talk about what we want to play and Pathfinder will be part of that disucssion.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
If the Pathfinder Core Rulebook is as good as I think it will be, I will use it as my core book with all of my 3.5 stuff. :)

Probably once finished we will run PFRPG, from 4E. Still we have to decide between WotBS 4E or 3E using PF or a sandbox PF or a Paizo AP......

bielmic

Explorer
switching

my DM is planning on switching so we'll see what he thinks when he's got the book in his hands. both he and i have it preordered.

I'm not sure. I'll buy at least two copies -- one for me and one for a guy who wants to DM 4e and is moving back here in September, just to see if he likes it better.

For my games, I'm still doing 3.5e, and everyone is happy with it, with two actively anti-4e in the group I run. But I and a few others will read the Pathfinder rules and decide if we like it better. The closer to 3.5, the better for us, I think. I liked what I saw with a brief view of the beta, but I haven't decided on it yet.

If choose not to decide, you still have made a choice . . .

EricNoah

Adventurer
Switching, no. Using as a deep source of house rules and as a reference to use with future Paizo adventure material? Oh yes.

eyebeams

Explorer
No. It may be the medium through which we continue the thief caper game we began in 3.5, since 4e's mechanics don't fit it as well. So I'm looking forward to it in *addition* to 4e.

Remove ads