• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Psionics (from Dreamscarred)

Angellis_ater

First Post
Ok, we let that much slide. We are working on a set of updated Psionics rules and in the spirit of the Open Playtest Paizo did for Pathfinder we are starting with asking YOU the fans - what would YOU want?

Our intention is to update the Psionics rules with errata and changes to balance some of the powers out, following in the footsteps of Pathfinders "less Save-or-Die" and more "major damage on a failed save" revisions. Each of the 4 "core psionic" classes get an update (partially based on our Untapped Potential updates) and we streamline feats and other items.

What remains the same? Power points, augmentations, items.

So, once again - what would YOU want to see updated, changed, revised or altered and WHY?

Feel free to drop by at Dreamscarred Press - The Definitive Source for d20 Psionics › All Types › All Topics and leave an opinion too!

Well I really only ask for 3 things with psionics:

1. That psionics are very differentiated from arcane magic, so no thanks to a psion which is just like a wizard except using spell points. Where I am coming from: there were no PC sorcerers in my 3E campaign, PfRPG has changed that a bit and I will probably divvy up the spell list so they are significantly different. IMO sorcerers are just such a weak-mod on the wizard. The core 3E sorcerer is an NPC class to me, only there so monsters such as dragons can get spell casting abilities without a spellbook, otherwise it is weak niche sauce. Having spontaneous casting is not enough to differentiate a class.

2. That they are not over powered compared to the core classes, as is the wont of almost all non-core classes ever released.

3. Please please please no hippy new-age crystals! They weren't in the ADnD PHB, and have no place in DnD. You can add goo etc to that as well, as much as I enjoyed Ghostbusters as a teen. The images of psionic warriors wielding big crystal swords -does-my-head-in! It is like having my sister write rules, 'feel the aura of this stone' :confused: [/rant] ;)

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Just do a good psionics book and I'll be happy. :)

I love the idea of psionics in my fantasy. I'd love to have a psionics only fantasy setting where arcane and divine don't exist.

Angellis_ater

First Post
Andreas, you may want to browse the following Paizo forum post for possible ideas:

What Does Psionics Mean to You?

We did peruse that thread and you might remember me posting a few times in it too. :) But I will make sure to go back there and see if we can gather up the views.

However, I do want to say this right now - to us at Dreamscarred Press, the current Psionics system is pretty good, so unless there is overwhelming fansupport of redoing the rules in a major way, we're loathe to rip everything out and start anew.

However, one of the things that I DO want to include in the main book is different ways of portraying Psionics. Ie, we don't want to "lock in" the theme and feel of psionics as was done earlier. Some ideas for variants include Psionics as "Dreamshaping the Waking Dream" - which means that while there might be crystals and ectoplasm, there might also be other themes that surface. It all, really, depends on you guys, the fans! :D

Remove ads