Pathfinder Review: Bestiary 3

There better be a Bestiary 4. No monster line is ever complete, any TTRPG company should know that! They have more Divs, Asura, Celestials, Behemoths, Kami, Oni, and many other creatures to add more of that they've gone and created.

There better be a Bestiary 4. No monster line is ever complete, any TTRPG company should know that! They have more Divs, Asura, Celestials, Behemoths, Kami, Oni, and many other creatures to add more of that they've gone and created.

Razuur

First Post
Yeah, I thought B3 was better than B2.

But then I like lots of unique monsters from a lot of cultures.

I was a little underwhelmed by B2, but B3, I have pulled several beasties from it already.

Well done Paizo!

James0235

First Post
Great review. But, I do take issue with one minor thing:

The Bonus Bestiary was a free 16 page product created by Paizo for distribution as part of FREE RPG Day nearly three years ago and is no longer in print. It is highly collectible and has been exceedingly hard to find for a long time now other than in .pdf form.

The Bonus Bestiary is neither highly collectible nor hard to find. It is still for sale on Paizo's site. I paid $5 for my first one on ebay before I realized Paizo was selling them. And then I picked up a second one from Paizo to give away when they were on sale recently for $.99. And they appear to still have more.

Take a year off, do the NPC collection instead, and let Bestiary 4 come out in 2013 to support the Mythic (read: Epic) level rules that go along with the Return of Baba Yaga AP. (She's scheduled to return to Irrisen in 4713 to claim her daughter and grandchildren, and Golarion advances 1 year per year in the real world.)

As long as Book of the Damned IV is all of the Qlippoth weirdness they can cram into 64 pages, I can wait a year on the next bestiary.

*looks around* You do know having said "epic / mythic" you will probably start someone on a "I don't need it / get off my lawn" rant?

Sounds good to me though :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
*looks around* You do know having said "epic / mythic" you will probably start someone on a "I don't need it / get off my lawn" rant?

Sounds good to me though :D
Hey you! Get offa my lawn!

Actually, while I will never use an Epic supplement, if some third party were to create it I would not start hollerin'.

I doubt that Paizo will do Epic, so if folks want it then a 3pp should fill that niche. There are folks that want it.

The Auld Grump

Sylrae

First Post
I thought I read it as confirmed to be a work in progress.

I didn't look into it thoroughly though, because I dont need (or want) an epic book either.

Tayne

First Post
For one glorious moment, my brain read 'dire corby' as 'dire corgi'. Oh well, we can still live in hope.

*Retreats to dreams of the queen gointo war with her pack of dire corgis*.

My good friend DM'd an encounter with halfling druids riding dire dachshunds. It was pretty amusing.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Take a year off, do the NPC collection instead, and let Bestiary 4 come out in 2013 to support the Mythic (read: Epic) level rules that go along with the Return of Baba Yaga AP. (She's scheduled to return to Irrisen in 4713 to claim her daughter and grandchildren, and Golarion advances 1 year per year in the real world.)

I would love to have a well-thought-out set of epic level rules available. Especially from Paizo -- if anyone can do it right, it's them.

ayatkinoi

First Post
completely missed the previous monster series but this time purchased it and started to read it and i am really feeling this book adventuros

Remove ads

Remove ads