Pathfinder Reviewer ENDZEITGEIST Goes Professional!

If you're a fan of third-party Pathfinder products, you've probably heard of Endzeitgeist. Over the last few years, he's become the most prolific Pathfinder reviewer around, and has an astonishing output of reviews. Endzeitgeist has just launched a Patreon to support his reviewing and to help him go professional with his reviews. The response so far has been overwhelming - he's at over $500 per month now - but, as he says, he devotes at least 4 hours per day to reviewing.

If you're a fan of third-party Pathfinder products, you've probably heard of Endzeitgeist. Over the last few years, he's become the most prolific Pathfinder reviewer around, and has an astonishing output of reviews. Endzeitgeist has just launched a Patreon to support his reviewing and to help him go professional with his reviews. The response so far has been overwhelming - he's at over $500 per month now - but, as he says, he devotes at least 4 hours per day to reviewing.

"My reviews are regarded as fair, hard, impartial, critical and my policy of updating reviews to address changes made has allowed me to earn the trust of publishers and fans alike. My goal is to provide means for authors and publishers to improve their offerings - my focus has always been unbiased, constructive criticism."

The Patreon can be found here. Endzeitgiets's website and reviews can all be found here. During April, Endzeitgiest reviewed a staggering 38 products(!) and gave an average rating of 4.4. His output really is evidence of hard work and dedication. 22 products got his 5 stars plus seal-of-aproval rating. You can read his reviews at his website, or support his Patreon here.

ProductPublisherRating
Underworld Races: Colliatur
Adventure A Week Games5
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: The Living MonolithPurple Duck Games4
Mythic Monsters: Emissaries of EvilLegendary Games
Gossamer Worlds: GlimmerGloam (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
Cyclopean Deeps Vol. IFrog God Games5
Demon Cults: The Emerald OrderKobold Press4
B04 – The Cave Beast’s Hoard (Revised Edition)Adventure A Week Games5
Path of VillainsLegendary Games5
Underworld Classes – GemcasterAdventure A Week Games2.5
Perplexing Puzzles #2: Puzzle ChestsInterjection Games5
Mythic Options: Core Mythic Class FeaturesRogue Genius Games3
Mythic Minis: Mythic Gloves & BracersLegendary Games4
Dance MacabreFour Dollar Dungeons5
Underworld Races: DødeligAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Monsters: Mythos, TooLegendary Games5
BloodforgeDreamscarred Press4
Mini-Dungeon: Shrine of the Earth-BaronsAdventure A Week Games5
Mini-Dungeon: Hobgoblin LairAdventure A Week Games3
Advanced Races: LizardfolkKobold Press5
Urban Dressing: War-torn TownRaging Swan Press5
Mythic Minis: Mythic RingsLegendary Games5
World of Obsidian Apocalypse: Life after UndeathLPJ Design2.5
Gossamer Worlds: Megacities of Neo_Neo (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
Mythic Mini: Mythic CursesLegendary Games5
Underworld Races: ZwercAdventure A Week Games2
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: The Lantern BearerPurple Duck Games4
Gossamer Worlds: The Black (Diceless)Rite Publishing4
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: Grand MarshalPurple Duck Games2
B22 – Serpents of Fickle FortuneAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Minis: Mythic ArmorLegendary Games4
B21 – Shadows of the DeepAdventure A Week Games4
From the Forge: 13 Evil SpellsRogue Genius Games4
Mini-Dungeons: Buried Council ChambersAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Minis: Mythic RodsLegendary Games5
Faerie Tales from Unlit Shores – Creeping Beauties of the Wood (DCC)Purple Duck Games5
Gossamer Worlds: Aethersaur Island (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
From the Deep III – A Dragon’s OrdersDreamscarred Press4
Mythic Monsters: Guardians of GoodLegendary Games5
Average Rating

I don't mean to imply anything other than a generalized concern at the theoretical potential for abuse. I've been hanging around discussions in the video game industry on just how VG journalism has gotten and it has rendered me uncharacteristically cynical, I think...but I think that the principle of using Patreon to build a foundation for review writing is great. Patreon is an odd beast though, and I've seen it used in interesting ways....some a bit suspiciously. There's a site where backing the Patreon gives you front-row listings for your blog, for example; it seems.....I dunno. I think I'm just showing my age.
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] I agree wholeheartedly that spreading the word on his efforts as a publisher is perhaps the safest and wisest course. If I were to contribute I'd prefer to do so as a gamer and not as a publisher through ZGP (which some day will release a new book).

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Even though I don't use any of the systems he focuses on, I'm awfully tempted to give him some money, simply because of how much I dig his review style.

EthanSental

Legend
I'll have to check out some of his reviews as I don't think I've come across any that I remember. My reasoning is there's a high propensity for 4s and 5s according to the list above so I would want to compare his review to my personal tastes to see if they mesh.

I'll have to check out some of his reviews as I don't think I've come across any that I remember. My reasoning is there's a high propensity for 4s and 5s according to the list above so I would want to compare his review to my personal tastes to see if they mesh.

You won't be disappointed. His reviews are insanely thorough! I bought the Rise of the Drow hardcover from AAW, because of his review. The book cost me (total) $110. I was on the shelf about it (because of the cost,) but after I read his review on the Paizo site, I knew I had to have it. He goes into great detail about why he gives reviews of four or five stars, (or any less for that matter.) If you are on the fence about buying a book, make sure you check out one of his reviews first. When it comes to 3PP books, you know their books can be expensive, (understandably so.) He pulls no punches when it comes 3PP.

BTW .... IMO ..... he was spot on about Rise of the Drow, and I have not had one second thought about buying that book after I got it. It's awesome!! (probably one of the best adventures on my shelf)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads