• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG Beta Release is available!

Gailbraithe

First Post
I've found bards to be alot of fun to play in 3.5. I do agree the sorcerer bloodlines are waay cool, I want to play one now and I never had the urge before.
I'm playing a sorcerer with the Celestial bloodline in a Beta playtest game, and it is so much more fun than playing a sorcerer in 3.5, which I've always found frustrating.

I still think more improvements could be made though. I think the sorcerer spell table should be shifted up one level, so that they get 2nd level spells at 3rd level, like all other primary casters. It's just a headache inducing nerf on the sorcerer.

JahellTheBard

First Post
Downloaded the pdf ... i was surprised from the quality of the ruleset and the look and feel of the manual ... a great improvement from previous alfa releases ... i will convert my new campaing from 3.5 to Pathfinder really soon ..

Um, how does making the PDF available for free accomplish that?

Just wondering...

Well, let me say first that earning money is not an evil scheme of Paizo or anyone else. It's still their goal. ;)

The open playtest and the free PDF stuff are both good tools to create a stronger customer binding. But that shouldn't let anyone believe that the other benefits (like giving people more insight and more influence into the game design) are meaningless, either. If it wasn't for the latter, the former wouldn't work.

sckeener

First Post
I'm playing a sorcerer with the Celestial bloodline in a Beta playtest game, and it is so much more fun than playing a sorcerer in 3.5

agreed. I was looking at aberrant bloodline and thinking no need to play an alienist now....get all the flavor and none of the alienist's subpar summoning.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I finally got a copy of the print version of the book. Very snazzy.

I also bought a copy of the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting hardcover. Excellent book with tons of great fluff.

sckeener

First Post
Does the Campaign Setting look as good as the Beta Rules?

Mostly non-crunch, thus anyone should be able to use it. Very nice pictures. Good layout.

The major plus for me...that I had to read aloud to my wife once I got my hands on it....all the people that contributed to the product:
Written by (in alphabetical order):
Stan!
Keith Baker
Wolfgang Baur
Clinton J. Boomer
Jason Bulmahn
Joshua J. Frost
Ed Greenwood
Stephen S. Greer
Jeff Grubb
James Jacobs
Michael Kortes
Tito Leati
Mike McArtor
Rob McCreary
Erik Mona
Jason Eric Nelson
Jeff Quick
Sean K Reynolds
David Schwartz
Leandra Christine Schneider
F. Wesley Schneider
Amber E. Scott
Owen K.C. Stephens
Todd Stewart
James L. Sutter
Greg A. Vaughan
Jeremy Walker
JD Wiker
Also included are essays on world-building written by Robert J. Kuntz and R.A. Salvatore.​

Remove ads