• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG Core Book - Cover Posted

Klaus

First Post
WOW. Even though I have no plans of getting this I have to say this is an AWESOME cover. Good to see there's someone out there who knows how to do it right.

@Klaus, that strikes me as an excellent example of how two images can be similarly composed and yet not be even in the same 'league of coolness'.
Yeah, Wayne Reynolds seems to have put an extra effort into the Pathfinder one that he didn't on the Character Sheets one. Not that the Character Sheets isn't an awesome image, mind you (I wish it was the PHB cover), but the Pathfinder cover just has more... I dunno... movement? The red dragon certainly is better posed than the green one.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
That cover is really awesome! Although I have no interest in D&D 3x or systems based on it, I wholeheartedly endorse the Awesome of this cover! :D

[Edit: Actually, I have to retract part of that statement. I have a lot of love for Modern 20 from RPG Objects which, technically, is based on D&D 3x by virture of lineage.]

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
@Klaus, that strikes me as an excellent example of how two images can be similarly composed and yet not be even in the same 'league of coolness'.

Eh, I think both are awesome. And I'm not usually a fan of Wayne Reynold's stuff.

Rock on, Paizo.:)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Yeah, Wayne Reynolds seems to have put an extra effort into the Pathfinder one that he didn't on the Character Sheets one. Not that the Character Sheets isn't an awesome image, mind you (I wish it was the PHB cover), but the Pathfinder cover just has more... I dunno... movement? The red dragon certainly is better posed than the green one.
Behold the power of art direction! Eh, just confirms my general opinion: 4E has a lot of awesome artists but a weird art direction that pushes them into a bit gaudy and comic-style colours and poses.

Cheers, LT.

Aus_Snow

First Post
*drool*

That cover is so sweet!

576 pages! Holy crap that's a big book.
From what I gather, it's the PHB and DMG, all in one. And then, the month after(?), there's the Bestiary:

PZO1112_500.jpeg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads