• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG Core Book - Cover Posted

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
For some reason, I have trouble reconciling this statement:

I like my armour to vaguely look like armour that's historically accurate. I like people in surcoats and chainmail. I like spellcasters in robes that cover a large proportion of their skin. I like weapons that seem a resonable size for the character to be carrying.

With this one:

In a lot of ways i like the simple evocative black and white art of OSRIC and some 1st edition products a lot more.

Bare flesh and historically inaccurate depictions of weapons/armor were staples of AD&D 1e artwork. :confused:

Last edited:

Azgulor

Adventurer
Nice pic, derivative of the 4e character sheets folder, but nice anyway.

If I had the slightest interest in pathfinder I would consider it based on the art, but I don't so no worries on my wallet.

+1 Snark point for you! :erm: Do you need a plastic bag for that piece of troll dung or did you bring your own? Sheesh.

dm4hire

Explorer
Love the artwork. I'm preordered and prepaid for both books. Can't wait to crack the covers and see what changes made the final cut.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I like it. And like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, you can never get enough of Sexy Seoni. ;)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Nice covers.

Any plans to update the Pathfinder Campaign Setting to this edition?

Since the PF Campaign Setting is pretty crunch-light, there's not a super compelling reason to update the setting to the new rules; it's already pretty close to fitting the final game as it is. There are a few changes we could make, but not enough to warrant reprinting the PFCS. Once we sell out of the PFCS, of course, we'll reprint it, at which point we'll be adjusting crunch as necessary so that it'll work for both the PFRPG and for 3.5 (but again... they're already pretty close as-is to the final game). I suppose we might do a free PDF type thing that serves as a stop-gap until then to show folks what few changes and conversions are necessary; might be an interesting page to put into the 3.5/Pathfinder Conversion Guide PDF we'll hopefully be releasing at Gen Con, perhaps?

AND: Thanks for all the kind words about the covers, everyone! I'm really proud of how they turned out, and can't wait to see the final books come in!

Remove ads