• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder: Shield Slam and Bull Rush Feats

Kermit-D-Frog

First Post
I have two questions about a "Pathfinder" 11th level fighter who has taken the following feats:

Two Weapon Fighting/Improved Two Weapon Fighting/Greater Two Weapon Fighting (effectively granting 3 attacks with off hand weapon)
Improved Shield Bash
Shield Slam (granting "Free" bull rush when they hit on a shield bash attack)
Power Attack
Improved Bull Rush
Greater Bull Rush

Question1: Bull rush is a standard action by itself meaning I can make a move action and a Bull Rush (standard action) in one round but nothing else. The feat Shield Slam says "Opponents hit by your shield bash are also hit with a free bull rush attack." Would an 11th level fighter with 3 off-hand attacks be able to bull rush three opponents as long as he hit each of them with one of his 3 off-hand attacks? This would grant the fighter 6 attacks and 3 bull rushes in a round!

My thoughts: According to my interpretation the fighter would be able to attack 3 times with their primary weapon and 3 times with their shield. Each time they hit with their shield they would also get a free bull rush against that opponent. Keep in mind that the fighter does not have to move with the opponent that they bull rush so they do not have to exceed the 5 foot step limit with a full attack action round.

Question2: To calculate the Combat Maneuver Check on a free bull rush granted by the shield slam feat the rules say "substituting your attack
roll for the combat maneuver check." Would you get a +4 granted to your Bull Rush check because of the Improved and Greater Bull Rush feats?

My thoughts: You scored an attack on a monster based on your BAB+Str Bonus+Magical Attack Modifiers Etc... The sum of that role is based on being able to hit an opponent Armor Class to do damage. Using that to calculate a combat maneuver check seems in-congruent with the idea of Combat Maneuver Checks but that is the rule so I am fine with it. I do not see any reason not to apply the bonuses, granted by improved and greater bull rush feats, to the "Free" bull rush granted by the Shield Slam feat. Those 2 feats represent the the honing of the bull rush technique by the fighter who has "spent" 2 feat slots on them (3 including Power Attack). Whenever making a Combat Maneuver Check for Bull Rush I think they should be that much better at it than someone who has not taken the feats.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads