• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Pathfinder to 5e Monster Converter

Kryx

Explorer
Great to hear that it is of use.

Why do you want shadow DOM markup like he uses? I purposefully avoided that.

His version also does not copy text the same way as the book. Spacing is very important for things like my roll20 monster importer. Plus my background and bars look significantly better than his.

Last edited:

davout1805

Explorer
Great to hear that it is of use.

Why do you want shadow DOM markup like he uses? I purposefully avoided that.

His version also does not copy text the same was as the book. Spacing is very important for things like my roll20 monster importer. Plus my background and bars look significantly better than his.

I'm not using it to create an image copy. I don't need it to look exactly like the MM. I'm placing monsters from multiple sources (including the MM - for personal use only) and placing them into html. At times I need to edit what is being generated (such as more complex monsters) and the html generated by yours has a lot of span tags which makes editing more difficult.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Kryx

Explorer
Ah, for editing. Ya, Angular has a lot of span tags which makes it more difficult to edit. That's the nature of something that is dynamic and updates vs something that is static. I can't really improve that even if I were to use his DOM.

davout1805

Explorer
OK thanks. I wasn't sure how you generating it. Is there intermediary stage where the data in a raw format? Or do you build the output as you convert?

edit: correct typo.

Kryx

Explorer
It exists as an object in javascript, ya.

Though you can't edit that object to receive different html. I could maybe set that up.

davout1805

Explorer
There is no other.

What functionality do you want, exactly?

Data in CSV (although unless you wrap each field, comma delimiter would be bad, maybe pipe '|' delimited ) format or something that could be converted to CSV would be great. I'm working on something that will take a csv file and generate the Stateblock5e DOM.

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads