• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder using Game of Throne's Stark Family, but where?

Saint Mac

First Post
Pondering using the Stark family from Game of Thrones in a Pathfinder game...but where in the world would it be?

I was thinking that Brevoy, maybe around Greyhaven?

Where you think is a good location?

Micp

First Post
Pondering using the Stark family from Game of Thrones in a Pathfinder game...but where in the world would it be?

I was thinking that Brevoy, maybe around Greyhaven?

Where you think is a good location?

Well personally i think Lands of the Linnorm Kings could well. maybe around trollheim and have the border to irrisen be the wall?

Is_907

First Post
Just want to know... why are you wanting to import the Starks and GoT elements into Golarion? Why not just play Pathfinder rules in the GoT world?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Just want to know... why are you wanting to import the Starks and GoT elements into Golarion? Why not just play Pathfinder rules in the GoT world?

I'm guessing he's using Golarion as his primary setting. The Starks are just one noble house, so I think it's more easily transferrable to any western European emulating setting. Besides playing in Westeros without extensive use of magic, orcs, nor more than 3 dragons doesn't fit for typical PF/D&D play. It's easier to move the Starks than to put D&D into Westeros - I'd think.

While I certainly love George R. R. Martin's work, it's too magic weak for my D&D gaming tastes. Westeros is a place I love to read about, but not necessarily play in.

Saint Mac

First Post
Well personally i think Lands of the Linnorm Kings could well. maybe around trollheim and have the border to irrisen be the wall?

AH! You know, I really don't know enough about that....you've given me homework to do! :)

I'm guessing he's using Golarion as his primary setting. The Starks are just one noble house, so I think it's more easily transferrable to any western European emulating setting. Besides playing in Westeros without extensive use of magic, orcs, nor more than 3 dragons doesn't fit for typical PF/D&D play. It's easier to move the Starks than to put D&D into Westeros - I'd think.

While I certainly love George R. R. Martin's work, it's too magic weak for my D&D gaming tastes. Westeros is a place I love to read about, but not necessarily play in.

You nailed!...that's worth xp

Brevoy is definitely the best place to do a Game of Thrones type campaign—that region's pretty heavily inspired by Martin's writing, after all...

Cool! Didn't know that little bit of info! Thanks!

Is_907

First Post
Yeah, I can definitely see it being easier to import Martin-elements into Golarion than putting Pathfinder rules into Westeros.

Let us know how this turns out if you get to play it! I firmly believe the core of RPGs lies in taking elements from what we love in literature/film/etc and putting it on the table. The more I read of and about OD&D and other early games, the more I see that the worlds were assumed to be either common knowledge amalgamations of a sort.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that the most successful campaigns I've done were just that amalgamation, and not a stupendous discreet world I created just for that campaign.

Cheers.

Remove ads