• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder: Weird Frontiers (online, OpenRPG, Wednesdays)

Arkhandus

First Post
Well Shushoni, we might have an opening in March it looks like, I'll let you know once I'm sure.

Anyway, I'm gonna start updating this thread with some more information on Rhivia and Azagan, probably next week or maybe tomorrow.

Arkhandus

First Post
I've updated the second post of the thread with info on countries of the Crimson Tors. Next week I'll post some expanded details on some of the Rhivian deities, and in later weeks I'll add further deity descriptions, info on a few more nonhuman countries of Rhivia, and info on major organizations of Rhivia. I'll also post a list of races and where they belong or how they fit in Rhivian and Azaganian societies, at some point. And eventually I'll start posting copies of the Azaganian information the party has collected thus far, among other things. Much as I dislike the wild disparities and difficulties of running Pathfinder, I'll probably end up running another campaign in my setting of Mhavareth at some point with just some tweaks to the Pathfinder rules.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Now I've updated the Rhivian pantheon section and split it between two posts on the first page, moving the section on other deities down one post and moving the character sheet template further down that page. A handful of Rhivian deities now have full descriptions and some others have a minor note or minor details added, while a line or two was added for some deities regarding their holidays and when their priests can pray for spells. Lunelle still doesn't have any, but that's on purpose, like Surekkal's rejection of holidays. I'll add in details on more of the deities later.

Shushoni, it looks like we have room for another player, so I'll look over your character sheet this week.

Arkhandus

First Post
Something that came to mind tonight, and I'm restless so I'll post it before trying to get some sleep.

Azaganian Anecdotes: Vesektali Games

Besides the common practices of axe-tossing, dart-throwing, and sling-shooting, which help develop necessary hunting skills, the Vesektali humans of the Vokrana Miraznai (Sun's End Thicket) and Tovok Apaluk (Endless Savannah) enjoy a few other, more peaceful past-times in their homes and taverns. They have 2 different dice-games, a card game, a board game, and 2 sports, sharing the sports and board games in common with their distant cousins, the Nakaali.

Logroll (Kemnaikasin, in Sentali):
This dice-game is common among Vesektali living in the Sun's End Thicket, and actually uses long, octagonal wooden dice roughly half the size of a man's index finger. Carved into eight-sided rods (not counting the flat top and bottom) called logs (Kemnai in the Sentali tongue), these dice are marked with a different pattern on each side representing numbers 1 through 8. Up to 5 players are allowed in each game of Logroll, and they each contribute a "log" (thus a maximum of one log per finger on a human hand; any more than that would be considered unnatural and awkward), sharing them for the duration of the game (so cheaters cannot bet on just their own personal dice). The game begins with each player rolling their own die (all players at once) and calling out a number; whoever called the number rolled most often in that set will get the first turn, besides anyone who tied, and everyone re-rolls if there are too many ties or if nobody called it right. The player with the first turn chooses how much coin (or other items if the group has agreed to it, like berries or even just wooden tokens among children) to ante up, placing his or her ante (Relk in Sentali) in the center of the playing area (the pot, or Onvelt in Sentali), followed by everyone else contributing the same ante amount or sitting out the round if the ante is too high.

Then the first player bets whether his or her average roll (that is, the average of all their rolled dice; Raskasin in Sentali) will be higher, lower, or equal to the next player's, and proceeds to roll once with all of the "logs." Play continues in a circle, with each player rolling the logs after the player to his or her left has rolled, until everyone has made their roll for the round (or Nalis, in Sentali). However, everyone following the first player of the round bets against the player before them, instead of the player after them (for instance, the 2nd player bets whether his or her average roll will be higher, lower, or equal to the 1st player's roll). Those who win their bet can take their ante out of the pot (and are referred to as winners or "Veki" in Sentali). At the end of the round, the remaining ante pool goes to the big winner (Tonveki, in Sentali) of that round, which is the player who came closest in their bet (without losing their bet). The further their roll was from the opponent's, the further they are from being that round's big winner (essentially they lose points for the round equal to the difference between their roll and the opponent's). So the surest way of winning the pot is to bet on rolling equal to the opponent and then actually managing to roll such a result, but given the low odds of that happening, it's also the most-likely bet to lose. If multiple players win their bets for the round with an even score (such as two players winning with results 1 point away from their opponents' rolls), then those winners who are tied with the most points that round go into an extra round alone (called the Dez'nalis in Sentali).

Those tied winners each bet on their roll, and once all have stated their bet (unlike normal), they each roll the logs in the same order as they did in the normal round before it (excluding the other players). Their average rolls and bets are compared to the other tied winners, instead of just one, and whoever wins that bet with the most points against more of the opposing winners (than anyone else in that extra round) will be declared the big winner of that round, taking the rest of the ante that was left in the pot. If there are still ties, then the newly-tied winners bet and roll again in the same fashion with another "extra round." Each subsequent round of Logroll starts with the big winner of the previous round, who goes first in the new round (and thus also decides the ante for the new round). Players can choose to sit out a round one or more times if they cannot afford that round's ante, or they can just drop out of the game at the end of a round. Whenever a player leaves, they take their "log" or wooden die with them, and if the previous round's big winner leaves or sits out a round, then play starts from the very beginning again (with everyone else rolling one log to determine who gets the first turn).

There's some degree of skill or cheating capacity involved in the "log-rolling," but Kemnaikasin is largely just a game of chance.

Two-Horn Toss (Dez'tovak Sulin, in Sentali):
A popular dice game among the Vesektali who live upon the so-called Endless Savannah, Two-Horn Toss involves two to five players rolling a pair of six-sided ivory dice (called horns, or Tovak in Sentali) and betting on whether or not they will beat the next player's roll (or toss, Sulin in Sentali). Each side on the dice is numbered 1 through 6, typically with a number of horn-shaped marks rather than actual writing, and the dice are traditionally made from pieces of elephant tusk. The objective is to roll doubles (Dezot in Sentali), and higher results beat lower results, but a pair of 2s (Dezas in Sentali) beats any other result. Doubles of any other sort beat non-doubles. As with Kemnaikasin, this game uses only one set of dice shared between all players, but if more than one person brings dice then they just roll a round without bets to see whose dice will be used (whoever wins with the best roll). Whoever supplies the dice takes the first turn, or if the dice are supplied by the house (Rezkan in Sentali) then someone from the house chooses the first player (the house being whichever establishment the game is played in, and the chooser is typically the head of the household or business). Play continues in a circle, leftward from the first player. Each player antes up however much coin (or other tokens when appropriate, like among children) they're willing to risk at the start of the round, but each player must ante up at least the same amount as the previous player in the rotation (or else they must drop out of the round). Each new round starts with the next player in the circle until everyone has had a chance to go first, then the cycle repeats. The last player to roll in each round is rolling against the results of the first player in that round. Those who win their bets take the ante of the player they beat.

Card game, board game, and sports to be edited in later when I get around to it, probably in early February

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
For any who haven't noticed already, I edited the first post a week or two ago with a few APG class houserules, but today I also added a minor restriction on Astral Constructs. I also just edited the 2nd and 3rd deity description posts to include full details on Inahari, Farador, and Moegami. Next week I should have the full descriptions posted for Haliyane, Gabridea, and Yamagami, but didn't get around to much of that this week, and I should finish updating the Vesektali Games post sometime next week as well. I should also have any Ultimate Combat/Ultimate Magic/Psionics Expanded class houserules posted next week I think, if any are needed for balance.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, looks like this week's update will just consist of the various non-core class houserules I edited into the 1st post over the past week or so, as it took several hours over several days to examine and calculate what classes needed tweaking and how much. I just don't want to start throwing in NPC foes or allies with such classes until I'm sure they're not gonna be overpowered. And some PCs might eventually take some of those classes. Anyway, at least I got some map-work done as well. I'll resume setting-info updates next week.

Metaxo

First Post
Hey Ark, trying to save you some work by pinpointing the dates myself
(All times EST)
Confirmed total as of 7/25/2012: 70680
Date - Value
Wed Jul 25 21:02:02 2012 - 1600
Wed Aug 22, 2012 - 4700
Thu Sep 06 03:03:32 2012 - 5080
Wed Oct 10 22:59:15 2012 - 1070
Thu Nov 15 00:48:02 2012 - 5340
Thu Nov 29 00:21:33 2012 - 2140
Thu Dec 27 00:17:34 2012 - 3210
Thu Jan 10 00:01:34 2013 - 6400
Wed Jan 23 23:06:42 2013 - 800
Thu Jan 31 00:11:21 2013 - 1600
Wed Feb 13 22:10:09 2013 - 4800
Total of awards since 7/25/2012 = 36740
Plus 70680 = 107420

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
I may need to tweak a few of these items' prerequisites or something later, but for now, here's something I've been working on recently, after struggling to find any suitable psionic gear/loot for some of the Azaganian monsters the party has faced thus far and will face in the near future. Many of these items are too expensive to show up yet, but will crop up later at least.

NEW PSIONIC ITEMS OF AZAGAN

The following psionic items were designed by Azaganian cultures and psionic masters, never making their way across the ocean to Rhivia. While some of these items are fairly common in Azaganian societies, they are rarely sold to foreigners and are rarely seen in western Azagan where most Rhivian explorers go, typically due to the insular, quarrelsome, or strange nature of most Azaganian societies. Only individuals trained by Azaganian psionic masters with knowledge of these designs can craft the following items.

UNIVERSAL ITEMS

Astral Armory
Aura: moderate Psychoportation; ML: 7th
Slot: ---; Price: 4,000 gp; Weight: 5 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
While it looks like a simple, rectangular wooden case with a pair of leather shoulder-straps for use like a backpack, this psionic item is much more than a simple carrying case. The lid can be opened and closed easily (a free action), and the inside of the case is coated with powdered psionic crystals that have been permanently fused to it. The Astral Armory's opening under the lid is 1 foot by 4 inches in length and width, so anything sufficiently thin may be placed within it. The case is about 1 inch thick (a total of 14 inches wide and 6 inches long) and 2 feet tall. The straps adjust to fit different wearers, though it is still difficult for Tiny or smaller creatures to handle. However, items of greater height or length can be stored within the Astral Armory's linked containment area in the Astral Plane, transported there when placed within the case before twisting a small knob near the lid, which sends the case's contents into that Astral containment (only if those items are thin enough to slip through the bottom of the case as they pass through the momentary portal). Turning that knob when the case is empty simply makes the most-recently-transported batch of items reappear inside the case, returned from the Astral Plane. Turning the knob is a free action. Once the case is empty again, each subsequent turn of the knob transports the next-most-recently-deposited batch of items back into the case. An Astral Armory can hold up to 20 items in its Astral containment (any batch of fluid poured into the case counts as one item for this purpose, and similarly a filled and closed container placed in the case only counts as one item). A closed quiver full of arrows, a closed case of crossbow bolts, or a bag of sling bullets would each count as one item, for instance, but generally no container larger than a quiver of arrows for Medium creatures will fit in the case. If the Astral containment is full or if there is not enough capacity for all the items in the case, then the Astral Armory will not transfer any further items into that space until enough items have been removed. Anything stored in the Astral Plane does not contribute to the Astral Armory's weight, of course.

Since this item simply accesses the Astral Plane for its extra storage capabilities, an Astral Armory does not function in places where the Astral Plane cannot be accessed nor when the item or its bearer is rendered incapable of extraplanar travel/access (such as by a Wrench power). The Astral Armory has no extradimensional or nondimensional storage space of its own, so there are no consequences to placing it inside extradimensional or nondimensional spaces or vice versa. The only exception is that an Astral Armory cannot access its Astral containment area when the Astral Armory is placed inside an extradimensional or nondimensional space (unless that space is noted as being connected to the Astral Plane). This item does function inside the Astral Plane itself, though, unless barred by effects like Wrench.

The Astral containment zone used by an Astral Armory is a bubble of warped space similar to a Force effect, hidden by the distortion but not entirely safe from thieves or monsters on the Astral Plane; there is a 1% chance each week that a random batch of items in the containment zone will be lost (whether stolen or destroyed) by such interlopers. Whenever part of the containment zone is breached, the other segments (holding the other batches of items) are psychoportively displaced into another empty part of the Astral Plane and the containment zone is restored at the new location. Any sufficiently-small creatures that may enter the case and be transported to the Astral containment zone may exit with a DC 15 Intelligence or Wisdom check as a full-round action (which makes the containment zone relocate if successful), though finding their way out of the Astral Plane is more difficult. There is a 10% chance that any creature leaving the Armory's containment zone will be noticed by an Astral Plane denizen or traveler at the time (which usually means trouble). If they stay within the containment zone without escaping it, they will at least be released once their "batch" in the Astral containment is accessed by the Astral Armory again.CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Astral Caravan; Cost: 2,000 gp

Bottomless Basket
Aura: strong Psychoportation; ML: 12th
Slot: ---; Price: 8,500 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
This simple basket woven from reeds, fronds, or similar plant-fibers has a pair of shoulder-straps to carry it on your back, but it holds psionic properties behind its humble facade. Raw dreamstuff shorn from the Dreamscapes has been interwoven with this basket's mundane materials, stabilized through the psionic prowess of its creator. This gives it an unusual appearance for a fraction of a second when viewed in someone's peripheral vision, but indistinct, evoking faint echoes of dreamy mirages or vague nightmares. The true power of this psionic item, however, is that anything placed within the Bottomless Basket disappears into a nondimensional storage space existing beyond normal time and space. Creatures cannot pass through, however. Items placed in the nondimensional space of the Basket are held in a state of limbo, timeless and weightless, not occupying any physical space in the Basket itself. However, this nondimensional storage can only hold up to 1,000 pounds worth of material or up to 200 cubic feet in volume at one time. Further items simply won't pass through to the nondimensional storage. A Bottomless Basket is 2 feet in diameter and 2 feet tall (nothing can pass through if too wide for the opening), with a simple lid attached (which can be opened or closed as a free action). Retrieving any item from the Bottomless Basket is always a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. There is no way to dump out the contents of a Bottomless Basket's nondimensional space, and in fact nothing ever enters or exits the basket's nondimensional space unless an intelligent creature places it in there or takes it out. The basket itself is psionically reinforced to withstand a surprising amount of punishment; it has hardness of 12, and 24 hit points, though still as flexible as you would expect from a wicker basket.

When a Bottomless Basket is placed in another extradimensional or nondimensional space (such as a Rope Trick or Bag of Holding), or when another extradimensional or nondimensional storage item is placed in the Bottomless Basket nondimensional space, both extradimensional/nondimensional storage items/spaces are destroyed without a trace. The other consequences of doing so depends upon what the other extradimensional or nondimensional storage item/space is (as detailed in their own descriptions), but in cases where it is not detailed there, a Bottomless Basket's contents are destroyed and the other extradimensional/nondimensional storage space's contents are scattered about the immediate vicinity.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Defy Gravity, Fold Space, Plane Shift, Swarm of Crystals; Cost: 4,250 gp

Circlet of Psionic Charisma
Aura: moderate Psychometabolism; ML: 8th
Slot: head; Price: 4,300 gp (+2), or 17,200 gp (+4), or 38,700 gp (+6); Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This thin headband of intertwining gold wires holds a small ruby, which pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Circlet of Psionic Charisma grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the circlet is worn. In addition, each Circlet of Psionic Charisma can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gem pulses faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the circlet may store a power point in it (if the circlet does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Charisma as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the circlet's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the circlet. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the circlet's enhancement) on all Charisma-based skill checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity; Cost: 2,150 gp (+2), or 8,600 gp (+4), or 19,350 gp (+6)

Circlet of Psionic Intelligence
Slot: head; Price: 4,300 gp (+2), or 17,200 gp (+4), or 38,700 gp (+6); Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This thin headband of intertwining platinum wires holds a single topaz, which pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Circlet of Psionic Intelligence grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the circlet is worn. This does not result in extra skill ranks normally but rather grants 1 free rank per Hit Die in one, two, or three specific skills as chosen by the circlet's creator when crafting it; a +2 Circlet of Psionic Intelligence grants one free skill in this manner, whereas a +4 Circlet grants two skills and a +6 Circlet grants three instead. These do not stack with any existing ranks, replacing any existing ranks in those skills while the circlet is worn. In addition, each Circlet of Psionic Intelligence can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gem pulses faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the circlet may store a power point in it (if the circlet does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Intelligence as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the circlet's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the circlet. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the circlet's enhancement) on all Intelligence-based skill checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity; Cost: 2,150 gp (+2), or 8,600 gp (+4), or 19,350 gp (+6)

Circlet of Psionic Might
Aura: strong Psychometabolism; ML: 12th
Slot: head; Price: 10,600 gp (+2), or 42,400 gp (+4), or 95,400 gp (+6); Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This thin headband of intertwining electrum wires holds a single diamond, which pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Circlet of Psionic Might grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to either Intelligence and Wisdom, or Intelligence and Charisma, or Wisdom and Charisma (creator's choice which, at the time they craft the circlet), which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the circlet is worn. This does not result in extra skill ranks normally when enhancing Intelligence but rather grants 1 free rank per Hit Die in one, two, or three specific skills as chosen by the circlet's creator when crafting it (and only if the circlet enhances Intelligence); a +2 Circlet of Psionic Might grants one free skill in this manner, whereas a +4 Circlet grants two skills and a +6 Circlet grants three instead. These do not stack with any existing ranks, replacing any existing ranks in those skills while the circlet is worn. In addition, each Circlet of Psionic Might can store 2 power points at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gem pulses faster when storing a power point, or rapidly when storing 2). Anyone wearing the circlet may store a power point in it (if the circlet does not already store 2); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point (one at a time) or activating the circlet's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the circlet. The secondary function of this item is to expend 2 power points stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the circlet's enhancement) on all skill checks based on the circlet's associated ability scores for 1 hour (whichever two ability scores receive the torc's enhancement). You cannot trigger this secondary function if the circlet does not hold enough power points.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity, Body Purification; Cost: 5,300 gp (+2), or 21,200 gp (+4), or 47,700 gp (+6)

Circlet of Psionic Perfection
Aura: strong Psychometabolism; ML: 16th
Slot: head; Price: 16,900 gp (+2), or 67,600 gp (+4), or 152,100 gp (+6); Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This thin headband of deep-crystal pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Circlet of Psionic Perfection grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the circlet is worn. This does not result in extra skill ranks normally but rather grants 1 free rank per Hit Die in one, two, or three specific skills as chosen by the circlet's creator when crafting it; a +2 Circlet of Psionic Perfection grants one free skill in this manner, whereas a +4 Circlet grants two skills and a +6 Circlet grants three instead. These do not stack with any existing ranks, replacing any existing ranks in those skills while the circlet is worn. In addition, each Circlet of Psionic Perfection can store 3 power points at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the crystal pulses faster when storing a power point, or rapidly when storing 2, or flickers constantly when storing 3). Anyone wearing the circlet may store a power point in it (if the circlet does not already store 3); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point (one at a time) or activating the circlet's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the circlet. The secondary function of this item is to expend 3 power points stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the circlet's enhancement) on all Intelligence-based, Wisdom-based, and Charisma-based skill checks for 1 hour. You cannot trigger this secondary function if the circlet does not hold enough power points.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity, Body Adjustment, Body Purification; Cost: 8,450 gp (+2), or 33,800 gp (+4), or 76,050 gp (+6)

Circlet of Psionic Wisdom
DESCRIPTION
This thin headband of intertwining mithral wires holds a single aquamarine, which pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Circlet of Psionic Wisdom grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Wisdom, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the circlet is worn. In addition, each Circlet of Psionic Wisdom can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gem pulses faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the circlet may store a power point in it (if the circlet does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Wisdom as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the circlet's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the circlet. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the circlet's enhancement) on all Wisdom-based skill checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION

Crystal Compartment Chain
Aura: strong Psychoportation; ML: 12th
Slot: ---; Price: 25,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
Appearing to be some sort of crystal-bead necklace along an elastic string, this psionic item is in fact a sort of portal device connected to an extradimensional space. Rather than functioning as a worn necklace, the Crystal Compartment Chain only exhibits any special functions when placed on the ground and activated with a command thought. The string then expands out to a maximum of 10 feet in diameter, but the opening may actually be anywhere between 1 and 10 feet in diameter as the activator desires (though no larger than the floor allows, wherever the chain was placed). The space between the Crystal Compartment Chain's string and beads becomes a transparent opening (that does not block line of effect) into an extradimensional storage space below, with a faintly-visible disk of solidified air (same diameter as the opening) that floats up and down within that space, delivering creatures and items into or out of the storage area (controlled by whoever activated the device or whoever is standing upon the disk; the activator has primary control, and raising or lowering the disk is a move action). The disk never moves fast enough to cause any kind of harm, nor does it ever apply any harmful degree of pressure to anything in contact with it; the disk halts short of crushing or breaking anything or anyone. This extradimensional space is a cube 15 feet tall, 15 feet wide, and 15 feet long (3,375 cubic feet of volume, or roughly 1,875 cubic feet if you avoid using any of the space that the disk floats through), and can hold up to 3,000 pounds of material (which never counts towards the chain's weight). If more weight enters the extradimensional space (such as a Colossal titan setting one foot in it), the extradimensional space expels everything from it as an explosive force, hurling the contents 1d4x10 feet away and dealing 1d6 damage per 10 feet of this expulsion; the extradimensional space and Crystal Compartment Chain are destroyed in the process. When the storage space is open, a number of beads flicker with dim inner light based on how much of the allowed weight is currently inside (for instance, 90% of the beads flicker when the space is 90% full).

So long as you avoid trying to store too much material in the extradimensional space, it can be used as often as desired and moved around by simply repeating the command thought (while in physical contact with the Crystal Compartment Chain itself, even from the inside of the extradimensional space) to close the gateway and return the chain to its normal size. The Crystal Compartment Chain (and its extradimensional space) cannot be moved while the entrance to the extradimensional space is open, short of destroying the Crystal Compartment Chain (which causes the same kind of explosive results described above). The extradimensional space continues to exist as long as the Crystal Compartment Chain does (unless the chain loses its psionic properties altogether somehow, in which case the contents are lost as described further below), though it cannot be accessed when the chain's psionic properties are suppressed (such as within a Null Psionics Field). Anyone inside the storage space does not feel any motion from the chain's movements, but time passes normally within that space, and there is a finite air supply when the opening is closed (enough to sustain a single Medium-sized creature for 120 minutes before suffocation begins; multiple creatures or creatures of different sizes will use up the air supply at a faster or slower rate as appropriate; treat a Small creature as 1/2 of a Medium character for this purpose, a Tiny creature as 1/4th of a Medium character, a Diminutive creature as 1/8th of a Medium character, a Fine-sized creature as 1/16th of a Medium character, a Large creature as equivalent to 2 Medium characters, a Huge creature as equivalent to 4 Medium characters, a Gargantuan creature as equivalent to 8 Medium characters, and a Colossal creature as equivalent to 16 Medum characters for this purpose). Naturally, the storage space does not refresh its air supply when opened underwater or in other airless environments. Even when the opening is closed, however, the chain is still visible on the roof of the extradimensional space for anyone inside, and an intelligent creature can open the gateway from inside by touching the chain on the roof and using the proper command thought (this only works if the Crystal Compartment Chain is on the ground somewhere outside, as normal).

Placing the Crystal Compartment Chain into another extradimensional or nondimensional space (such as a Rope Trick or Bag of Holding) or putting another extradimensional or nondimensional storage item into the Crystal Compartment Chain's extradimensional space triggers a dangerous reaction, but there is brief forewarning of rapid, multicolored flickering amongst the Chain's beads when within 1 foot of another such item or entrance (not bright enough for useful illumination, just enough to be noticeable in any light conditions except total magical or psionic darkness). If the Crystal Compartment Chain is placed in another extradimensional or nondimensional space regardless, the contents of both such spaces are instantly shunted into the Astral Plane (a random location there) along with everything else within 1d4x10 feet (only whole objects/creatures are transported, not anyone or anything only partially caught in the area of effect), while the Chain (including its storage space) and the other extradimensional/nondimensional storage item/space are completely destroyed without a trace. A successful Reflex save (DC 20) leaves a creature and his or her attended items just outside the area of effect, and magical or psionic items likewise receive a save (creatures cannot save if they cannot move). When another extradimensional or nondimensional storage item or space is placed within the Crystal Compartment Chain's own storage space, the results are an explosion with the same radius and saving throw as described above for Astral transport, but dealing 10d6 points of damage as a Force effect (halved on a successful save). That explosion destroys the Crystal Compartment Chain and its extradimensional space, along with the other extradimensional or nondimensional storage item/space involved, leaving no trace. The contents of both storage areas are damaged in the explosion and are scattered about the area of the blast.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Defy Gravity, Planar Travel, Psychoport; Cost: 12,500 gp

Dimensional Pocket
Aura: moderate Psychoportation; ML: 9th
Slot: ---; Price: 2,500 gp; Weight: 1/10th lb.
DESCRIPTION
This thin, yellowish pouch made from temporal filcher hide is roughly half a foot in length and width, unassuming in appearance but thoroughly suffused with psychoportive and temporal energies. Normally, it can only hold about a pound of material or 1/12th of a cubic foot in volume, but when attached to a suitable garment (cloak, vest, robe, pants, coat, tabard, or similar) the pouch becomes a type of portal into an extradimensional space. A Dimensional Pocket attaches when placed against a suitable garment for a few seconds (a move action), until removed with 1 minute of concentration; however, no more than 2 Dimensional Pockets can be attached to any given garment (others simply will not attach or activate). The extradimensional space linked to this item may hold up to 150 pounds of material, but no more than 15 cubic feet in volume, while the opening of the portal only stretches wide enough to admit objects up to 6 inches in width and height. Air and gasses do not pass through the portal. Creatures cannot be stored within the extradimensional space (though inanimate corpses or destroyed constructs can be, as they are considered objects), simply failing to pass through the portal (a limb can reach into the pocket itself to retrieve something, but nothing more). Anything stored in the extradimensional space does not contribute to the Dimensional Pocket's size and weight, so the Dimensional Pocket itself always weighs just 1/10th of a pound (aside from any material stored in it while unattached, which falls through the portal normally once the Dimensional Pocket is attached to a garment).

Furthermore, objects in the extradimensional space are held in temporal stasis, such that time does not pass for those objects (a burning torch could be retrieved years later as though it had been stowed just seconds ago), but magical and psionic effects on those objects continue to run their course (a Magic Vestment spell or Metaphysical Weapon power on such items would, for instance, fade away at the end of their durations as though never placed inside the Dimensional Pocket). The extradimensional space is otherwise empty and airless, but the stasis prevents any kind of vaccuum effect. The pouch can be opened and closed normally with a simple leather catch of sorts (a move action for each, which does not provoke attacks of opportunity), and the portal is also sealed while the pouch is closed. Unlike a normal storage item like a backpack, retrieving something from the Dimensional Pocket (while attached to a garment) is always a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity (regardless of feats and other effects). Anything you want to retrieve from the Dimensional Pocket's extradimensional space (if stored there) is psychoportively placed at the "top" of that space when you reach for it. Material stored inside can be dumped out if the pouch is open and upended (when the Dimensional Pocket is attached to a garment), though it takes a full-round action to do so and the portal never releases material in that fashion unless done intentionally by an intelligent creature. Regardless, merely carrying a Dimensional Pocket attached to one of your worn garments yields a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws against powers and effects of the Psychoportation discipline for you and your gear (resistance bonuses do not stack).

If you attempt to place a Dimensional Pocket into another extradimensional or nondimensional space (such as a Rope Trick or Bag of Holding), or attempt to put another extradimensional or nondimensional storage item into the Dimensional Pocket, the contents of both items are expelled while the Dimensional Pocket and the other extradimensional or nondimensional storage item are both destroyed, and any creatures within 10 feet (or inside those extradimensional/nondimensional spaces) are launched through a Time Hop while simultaneously transported to another random plane connected to the Astral Plane (not the Astral Plane itself nor the plane they just left, and the arrival point is somewhere in the vicinity of a natural portal on the first layer of the destination plane), otherwise as per Planar Travel, all unaugmented. All subjects arrive on the same plane, but some may arrive sooner than others based on Wisdom checks against Time Hop. There is no save or Power Resistance allowed against this transportation through time and space, but it does not affect anything of deific power. As an exception, combining this item with a Crystal Compartment Chain simply triggers that Chain's side-effects.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Planar Travel, Time Hop; Cost: 1,250 gp

Ethereal Satchel
Aura: moderate Psychoportation; ML: 10th
Slot: ---; Price: 5,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
This finely-tooled leather bag is about 1 foot long, 1 foot tall, and 6 inches wide, with a leather shoulder-strap for easy carrying. Several tiny psionic crystals are embedded in the leather, and wisps of ethereal protomatter are bound to it for a slightly hazy look in bright light. An Ethereal Satchel can hold up to 10 pounds or half a cubic foot of material at once, but anyone holding the Ethereal Satchel may use a particular command thought to open or close a miniature portal in the bottom of the bag, leading to the Ethereal Plane. This only functions on planes coexistent or coterminous with the Ethereal Plane (which includes most other planes, like the Material Plane), but not on the Ethereal Plane itself, and it does not function when the satchel or its bearer are prevented from extraplanar travel or extraplanar access (such as by the Wrench power). Anything placed into the satchel's portal ends up in a larger storage space elsewhere on the Ethereal Plane, composed of ethereal protomatter and psionic forces, more or less impervious to harm (normal air passes through the walls but not the portal, while other gasses are kept out). The Ethereal storage space holds up to 50 cubic feet of volume or 500 pounds of material, but nothing in the Ethereal space counts against the satchel's own weight. Anything that will not fit fully through the portal does not enter the Ethereal Plane and simply remains outside.

Creatures small enough to fit through the portal may end up in the Ethereal storage space, but can exit easily whenever the portal is open (as a move action, using up only 5 feet of movement to exit and able to move further as normal). In fact, any creatures inside the Ethereal storage space may open (not close) the Satchel's portal by using the proper command thought. Retrieving anything in particular from the Ethereal Satchel's storage on the Ethereal Plane takes a full-round action (which does not provoke attacks of opportunity, just requiring several seconds of rummaging through the Ethereal space) if it currently holds more than the satchel's own normal capacity; a random item can be withdrawn as a move action like normal. You can remove items as normal when it only holds the satchel's regular capacity. Attempting to dump out material from the Ethereal storage, by upending the satchel while its portal is open, only causes one random item (or up to 5 pounds worth of fluid, dirt, gravel, or similar material stored in there) to fall out each round. Ethereal Satchels pose no danger when placed into other extraplanar, extradimensional, or nondimensional storage spaces, nor when other extraplanar, extradimensional, or nondimensional storage items are placed inside an Ethereal Satchel. Finally, as a handy feature of this item, it psychoportively repels Ethereal Plane natives from both the Satchel itself and its Ethereal storage area, by distorting space slightly to keep them from making contact with either the Satchel or its storage area. This grants the bearer a +1 deflection bonus to AC against Ethereal Plane natives in melee.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Concealing Amorpha, Planar Travel; Cost: 2,500 gp

Headband of Telepathy
Aura: moderate Telepathy; ML: 7th
Slot: headband; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This thin cloth headband is adorned only with a few slivers of psionic crystal. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Headband of Telepathy has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the headband's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce an Empathy, Id Insinuation, Mind Control, or Mindlink as per a Telepath Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Headband of Telepathy. Removing the Headband of Telepathy ends any of these active powers immediately. The Headband's powers do not have the benefit of a Telepath Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Empathy, Id Insinuation, Mind Control, Mindlink; Cost: 9,500 gp

Meditant Sash of Resistance
Aura: faint Psychokinesis; ML: 5th
Slot: belt; Price: 1,450 gp (+1), or 5,800 gp (+2), or 13,050 gp (+3), or 23,200 gp (+4), or 36,250 gp (+5); Weight: 1/2 lb.
DESCRIPTION
Worn over the shoulder or around the waist, this humble woolen sash sparkles faintly in the light due to tiny fragments of crystal embedded in it. The Meditant Sash of Resistance grants you a +1, +2, +3, +4, or +5 resistance bonus on all saving throws (Fortitude, Reflex, and Will) while worn, and it helps you meditate or exude peaceful vibes in the form of an insight bonus (equal to the sash's resistance bonus) on all Autohypnosis, Diplomacy, and Wild Empathy checks. Wearing this sash allows you to make such checks even if you normally could not (such as if untrained, nonpsionic, and lacking any druid or ranger levels).
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Fortify, creator's manifester level must be at least three times the sash's bonus; Cost: 725 gp (+1), or 2,900 gp (+2), or 6,525 gp (+3), or 11,700 gp (+4), or 18,125 gp (+5)

Metacreative Mantle
Aura: moderate Metacreativity; ML: 7th
Slot: chest; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
This plain brown mantle of simple cloth is actually interwoven with insubstantial fibers of ethereal flesh, psionically-preserved from a thought eater or thought slayer, and the collar is adorned with a few crystal slivers. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Metacreative Mantle has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the mantle's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce an Astral Construct, Concealing Amorpha, Ectoplasmic Creation, or Wall of Ectoplasm as per a Shaper Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Metacreative Mantle. Removing the Metacreative Mantle ends any of these active powers immediately. The Mantle's powers do not have the benefit of a Shaper Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Astral Construct, Concealing Amorpha, Ectoplasmic Creation, Wall of Ectoplasm; Cost: 9,500 gp

Pauldrons of Psionic Protection
Aura: faint Psychokinesis; ML: 5th
Slot: shoulders; Price: 2,500 gp (+1), or 9,500 gp (+2), or 21,000 gp (+3), or 36,000 gp (+4), or 55,000 gp (+5); Weight: 4 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
A pair of bronze shoulder pauldrons connected by leather straps, adorned with faintly-luminescent psionic crystal around the pauldron edges. Besides providing a degree of mundane shoulder protection, this psionic item generates an invisible field of psychokinetic force whenever something is about to strike the wearer. The pauldrons also lend some limited defense against mental assault. You gain a +1, +2, +3, +4, or +5 deflection bonus to Armor Class while wearing the Pauldrons of Psionic Protection. You also take that many fewer points of damage whenever you suffer damage from effects that allow a Will save; this only applies against the initial damage, even ability damage. It does not apply against backlash damage that you incur upon yourself. Finally, you may spend 1 power point as a swift action on your turn to activate this item's final power (while wearing the Pauldrons of Psionic Protection), gaining a morale bonus equal to the pauldrons' AC bonus for 1 minute (10 rounds). This morale bonus applies only to your Reflex saving throws and your Will saving throws, and activating it does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Empty Mind, Mental Barrier, creator's manifester level must be at least three times the pauldrons' bonus; Cost: 1,250 gp (+1), or 4,750 gp (+2), or 10,500 gp (+3), or 18,000 gp (+4), or 27,500 gp (+5)

Periapt of the Seer
Aura: moderate Clairsentience; ML: 7th
Slot: neck; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
This piece of psionic jewelry appears to be nothing more than a chunk of mundane crystal held in a silver setting, on a thick cord worn around the neck. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Periapt of the Seer has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the periapt's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce a Defensive Precognition, Precognition, Recall Agony, or Remote Viewing as per a Seer Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Periapt of the Seer. Removing the Periapt of the Seer ends any of these active powers immediately. The Periapt's powers do not have the benefit of a Seer Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Defensive Precognition, Precognition, Recall Agony, Remote Viewing; Cost: 9,500 gp

Psychometabolic Belt
Aura: moderate Psychometabolism; ML: 7th
Slot: belt; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
A broad and sturdy leather belt of ordinary appearance but for the psionic crystal buckle. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Psychometabolic Belt has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the belt's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce a Cleanse Body, Empathic Feedback, Natural Healing, or Thicken Skin as per an Egoist Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Psychometabolic Belt. Removing the Psychometabolic Belt ends any of these active powers immediately. The Belt's powers do not have the benefit of an Egoist Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Cleanse Body, Empathic Feedback, Natural Healing, Thicken Skin; Cost: 9,500 gp

Nomad's Ring
Aura: moderate Psychoportation; ML: 7th
Slot: ring; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: ---
DESCRIPTION
Each Nomad's Ring is a plain-looking silver ring adorned with a single crystal that holds substantial psychoportive energies. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Nomad's Ring has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the ring's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce a Breach, Burst, Dissipating Touch, or Flight as per a Nomad Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Nomad's Ring. Removing the Nomad's Ring ends any of these active powers immediately. The Ring's powers do not have the benefit of a Nomad Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Breach, Burst, Dissipating Touch, Flight; Cost: 9,500 gp

Psychokinetic Bracer
Aura: moderate Psychokinesis; ML: 7th
Slot: wrist; Price: 19,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
An elaborately-engraved bracer forged of bronze, the Psychokinetic Bracer is studded with a star-pattern of crystals that appear mundane but hold significant psionic energy. The wearer of this psionic item can trigger several different powers held within it, each requiring a different command thought. A Psychokinetic Bracer has 7 power points each day, which replenish automatically as appropriate, and are not available to the wearer (they only serve to fuel the bracer's own functions, and you cannot spend any other power points on it). The wearer may command it to produce a Concussion Blast, Far Hand, Force Screen, or Inertial Barrier as per a Kineticist Psion, with or without augmentations (as chosen by the wearer), and activating each of these powers (including any augments) requires expending power points from the Psychokinetic Bracer. Removing the Psychokinetic Bracer ends any of these active powers immediately. The Bracer's powers do not have the benefit of a Kineticist Psion's other class features.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Concussion Blast, Far Hand, Force Screen, Inertial Barrier; Cost: 9,500 gp

Robe of Resilience
Aura: moderate Psychokinesis; ML: 8th
Slot: body; Price: 1,400 gp (+1), or 5,800 gp (+2), or 13,000 gp (+3), or 23,000 gp (+4), or 35,800 gp (+5), or 51,400 gp (+6), or 69,800 gp (+7), or 91,000 gp (+8); Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
An unusual robe fashioned from the specially-tanned and treated hides of intellect devourers, gray gluttons, or phrenic scourges, each Robe of Resilience has an inner lining of brain mole furs. It is infused with psychokinetic properties that provide the wearer with an armor bonus to AC, ranging from +1 to +8, as though wearing armor. This does not stack with any other armor worn, nor other armor bonuses. Only the highest of your armor bonuses applies, and a Robe of Resilience does not function at all when worn over or under any magical or psionic armor. Robes of Resilience cannot receive any armor special abilities. The armor bonus from a Robe of Resilience is treated as a Force effect, so it is effective against incorporeal touch attacks and ethereal attackers. As an additional function of this Robe, however, it grants any wearer the benefits of a Vigor power once per day, the first time the wearer is successfully damaged by an attack (including spells, powers, abilities, traps, or falling damage, and after factoring in defenses like DR; the temporary hit points of this power are received immediately and may absorb some of the damage). This Vigor power is augmented to an effective power point total equal to the Robe's armor bonus (so a +1 Robe of Resilience grants 5 temporary HP, while a +2 Robe of Resilience grants 10 temporary hit points, and so on).
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Inertial Armor, Vigor, creator's manifester level must be at least two times the amount of armor bonus placed in the robe; Cost: 700 gp (+1), or 2,900 gp (+2), or 6,500 gp (+3), or 11,500 gp (+4), or 17,900 gp (+5), or 25,700 gp (+6), or 34,900 gp (+7), or 45,500 (+8)

Scarab of Longevity
Aura: moderate Psychometabolism; ML: 11th
Slot: necklace; Price: 27,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
This is a crystalline scarab-shaped amulet of sorts, pulsing with a dim inner light in tune with your heartbeat when worn. Nonliving creatures, and other subjects without a heartbeat, gain no benefit from a Scarab of Longevity. A Scarab of Longevity actually burrows partially into the wearer's flesh when donned, over the sternum on humanoids, and this deals 1 point of temporary Constitution damage initially (which can be healed normally). Forcing the Scarab onto another creature takes a full-round action, provokes attacks of opportunity, and does not succeed unless that creature is helpless, pinned, stunned, or willing (though potentially ignorant of the scarab's effects).

After 24 hours of wearing the Scarab of Longevity, your body becomes attuned with it and gains the following benefits. Firstly, your character no longer need to breathe, drink, eat, or sleep, as the Scarab of Longevity meets his or her body's basic needs through psionic means. You can choose to meditate or sleep for 2 hours each day (once per day only) to gain the benefits of a full night's sleep, and indeed must do so if you wish to recover power points, spell slots, or similar daily resources as normal. The deep meditation involved for this purpose is equivalent to sleep but does not involve dreaming. You are immune to sleep effects, suffocation, drowning, inhaled effects, and gaseous effects while attuned to the Scarab of Longevity, and you can even speak underwater (the Scarab also forces your lungs to expel any fluid after resurfacing from underwater or the like). Furthermore, you age at only half the normal rate while wearing the Scarab of Longevity and attuned with it, while gaining a +2 resistance bonus on any saving throws made against aging effects. Poison and disease effects work at only half their normal speed upon you, beyond the initial effect (for instance, a poison that normally deals damage once per round would instead harm you only once for every 2 rounds that pass beyond the 1st round). Finally, the Scarab of Longevity automatically stabilizes you when dying, automatically ends any bleed effects upon you after 2 rounds, and grants a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws against Death effects, negative levels, coup de grace attempts, and the massive damage rule.

Removing the Scarab of Longevity ends your attunement with it, so you must spend another 24 hours wearing it if you wish to re-attune and gain its benefits. Removing a Scarab of Longevity requires a full-round action and inflicts another 1 point of temporary Constitution damage to the wearer; other creatures cannot remove the scarab from a living wearer unless the wearer is helpless, stunned, or pinned in a grapple.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Cleanse Body, Far Hand, Psionic Revivify, Suspend Life, Sustenance; Cost: 13,500 gp

Torc of Psionic Constitution
Slot: neck; Price: 4,300 gp (+2), or 17,200 gp (+4), or 38,700 gp (+6); Weight: 2-1/2 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
This heavy adamantine torc can be worn around the neck or upper arm, and is engraved with a chainlike pattern of interlocking diamond-shapes. Two small emeralds are embedded in the torc, one at each end, and they pulse slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Torc of Psionic Constitution grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Constitution, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the torc is worn. In addition, each Torc of Psionic Constitution can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gems pulse faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the torc may store a power point in it (if the torc does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Constitution as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the torc's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the torc. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the torc's enhancement) on all Constitution checks and concentration checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION

Torc of Psionic Dexterity
Slot: neck; Price: 4,300 gp (+2), or 17,200 gp (+4), or 38,700 gp (+6); Weight: 2-1/2 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
This heavy silver torc can be worn around the neck or upper arm, and is engraved with a chainlike pattern of interlocking triangles. Two topazes are embedded in the torc, one at each end, and they pulse slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Torc of Psionic Dexterity grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the torc is worn. In addition, each Torc of Psionic Dexterity can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gems pulse faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the torc may store a power point in it (if the torc does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Dexterity as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the torc's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the torc. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the torc's enhancement) on all Dexterity-based skill checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION

Torc of Psionic Might
Aura: strong Psychometabolism; ML: 12th
Slot: neck; Price: 10,600 gp (+2), or 42,400 gp (+4), or 95,400 gp (+6); Weight: 2-1/2 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
This heavy steel torc can be worn around the neck or upper arm, and is engraved with a chainlike pattern of interlocking starbursts. Two diamonds are embedded in the torc, one at each end, and they pulse slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Torc of Psionic Might grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to either Strength and Dexterity, or Strength and Constitution, or Dexterity and Constitution (creator's choice which, at the time they craft the torc), which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the torc is worn. In addition, each Torc of Psionic Might can store 2 power points at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gems pulse faster when storing a power point, and rapidly when storing 2). Anyone wearing the torc may store a power point in it (if the torc does not already store 2); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point (one at a time) or activating the torc's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the torc. The secondary function of this item is to expend 2 power points stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the torc's enhancement) on all skill checks based on the torc's associated ability scores for 1 hour (whichever two ability scores receive the torc's enhancement). You cannot trigger this secondary function if the torc does not hold enough power points. If the torc enhances Constitution, then its secondary function also affects other Constitution checks and concentration checks.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity, Body Purification; Cost: 5,300 gp (+2), or 21,200 gp (+4), or 47,700 gp (+6)

Torc of Psionic Perfection
Aura: strong Psychometabolism; ML: 16th
Slot: neck; Price: 16,900 gp (+2), or 67,600 gp (+4), or 152,100 gp (+6); Weight: 2-1/2 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
This heavy deep-crystal torc can be worn around the neck or upper arm, and the crystal pulses slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Torc of Psionic Perfection grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the torc is worn. In addition, each Torc of Psionic Perfection can store 3 power points at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the crystal pulses faster when storing a power point, or rapidly when storing 2, or flickers constantly when storing 3). Anyone wearing the torc may store a power point in it (if the torc does not already store 3); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point (one at a time) or activating the torc's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the torc. The secondary function of this item is to expend 3 power points stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the torc's enhancement) on all Strength-based, Dexterity-based, and Constitution-based skill checks for 1 hour, including other Constitution checks and concentration checks. You cannot trigger this secondary function if the torc does not hold enough power points.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Animal Affinity, Body Adjustment, Body Purification; Cost: 8,450 gp (+2), or 33,800 gp (+4), or 76,050 gp (+6)

Torc of Psionic Strength
DESCRIPTION
This heavy bronze torc can be worn around the neck or upper arm, and is engraved with a chainlike pattern of interlocking circles. Two garnets are embedded in the torc, one at each end, and they pulse slowly with a dim inner light. Wearing the Torc of Psionic Strength grants you a +2, +4, or +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, which is considered a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the torc is worn. In addition, each Torc of Psionic Strength can store 1 power point at any given time, though points stored in this item can only be spent to activate its secondary function (the gems pulse faster when storing a power point). Anyone wearing the torc may store a power point in it (if the torc does not already store any); even nonpsionic characters may do so by "burning" 1 point of Strength as temporary ability damage (see the Body Fuel psionic feat regarding burnt ability scores). Storing a power point or activating the torc's secondary function is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and does not require any commands, just momentary concentration on the torc. The secondary function of this item is to expend a power point stored within it to grant the wearer a competence bonus (equal to the torc's enhancement) on all Strength-based skill checks for 1 hour.
CONSTRUCTION

Wanderer's Vest
Aura: moderate Psychometabolism; ML: 9th
Slot: chest; Price: 37,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
Wearing this small, colorfully-beaded leather vest confers various adaptive powers upon you. Several beads of the Wanderer's Vest are made of psionically-attuned crystal, which glint brightly in the sight of psionic creatures, but otherwise do not make the vest's empowered nature obvious. The first benefit of a Wanderer's Vest is that you can ignore difficult terrain for your first 5 feet of movement each round, allowing you to make a 5-foot step in difficult terrain if you like, and the Wanderer's Vest grants you a +10-foot enhancement to land speed on normal terrain (for long-distance overland travel across rough terrain, this allows you to cover 1 extra mile per day). Note that the speed increase on normal terrain will aid in any Acrobatics checks made for jumping. Secondly, you get a +2 competence bonus on Constitution checks, Survival checks, and concentration checks while wearing the Wanderer's Vest. Thirdly, you can use a command thought to gain the effects of an Adapt Body power once per day. Fourthly, a different command thought grants you the effects of a Slip the Bonds power once per day. Finally, another command thought can be used to gain the benefits of Energy Adaptation once per day. These powers are not augmented but otherwise function at the vest's manifester level.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements: Craft Universal Item, Adapt Body, Energy Adaptation, Skate, Slip the Bonds, creator must have at least 2 ranks in the Survival skill; Cost: 18,500 gp

Last edited:

Remove ads