Paths of Legend : Origins (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Stoja

"Well dearie, how many men does he have?" Stoja asks. She was a little annoyed, a piece of toffee was still stuck to her teeth and no amount of sucking or licking with her tongue seemed to be able to dislodge it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Cyral asks nothing, trying not to bring attention to himself but still listening intently. He stands more in the back of the crowd, trying to note more details of the mysterious elf. He also tries to weigh the wealth contained in any carried pouches from the more well-to-do members of the procession.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Duke Dervin replies to the various questions, "The Jackals comprise no more than two dozen men according to my scouts. They may have more at the tower, but that seems unlikely. Jareth isn't above recruiting humanoids, however, so you may find yourselves facing some goblinoids as well."

The storyteller adds, "The Tower itself was originally a temple dedicated to all of the Immortals. It was partially destroyed and abandoned during the Dagger War more than 100 years ago, but rumors say that some of its magic and traps remain intact."

The blond woman looks over the other volunteers with an appraising eye, then speaks, "If we are to fight and possibly die together, we should know each other's names and skills. I am Lessa Lyantaclis, cleric in service to the Immortal Varash."

The Duke's eyes widen a bit, "Lyantaclis? As in...?"

Lessa nods, "Yes, my father is Baron Harock Lyantaclis. My father...sends his regards, my lord." Her brief pause seems to indicate that her father likely doesn't know she is here.

Stoja recognized the Baron's name. Her old village fell within the borders of the Lyan Barony, though the Baron rarely saw fit to venture that far south.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"My name is Cyral and I am a..." thief... rogue... criminal... pickpocket... his mind races as he tries to spurt an answer. Scout would be bad, too, as that might put him too close to danger for comfort. "... ratcatcher. Not too handy with a blade, myself, but I can get by and I have a good understanding of traps and how to both set them and take them apart."

Skarsgard

Explorer
"Ah, milady." Stoja curtseys to her Lords daughter. "I am from your father's Barony, very far to the south. It is nice to finally meet one of your family."

She looks around the room at the others. "Well I am a witch, now, now before you bring out the pitchforks and bonfires hear me out, dearies. I am recently inducted to the magical arts and can cast a few spells as well as give the 'Evil Eye' look. But mostly I will be able to put some of the guards to sleep with my magic so we don't have to fight them."

Ben Reilly

First Post
I step forward and say very calmly.

"My name is Merrick and I kill things..."

I turn from the group and go sit in one of the empty chairs sitting under the tent.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The elf frowns slightly before finally stating in a flat voice, "I am Leo."

The Duke raises an eyebrow but says nothing to the elf, instead addressing the group as a whole, "I'm afraid I can provide you little in the way of supplies. Rations, water, and a mule to carry them are as much as I can do. These will be prepared and ready to go in the morning. For now, enjoy the festival."

The elf immediately slides silently out of the tent.

OOC: You have some free time before departing for the Tower of the Immortals. What do you intend to do with it?

Also, I have moved my weekly update day for this game to Wednesdays.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Cyral both congratulates himself and curses himself for joining up. He wanted free food and drink now for his near empty stomach. And now he had to be careful stealing, because he could forfeit the promised meal if he was caught. Instead, Cyral walked around the festival, picking up scraps of food from tables left vacant during the festivities as well as half drunk flagons of warm, watered down beer. He was going to enjoy himself one way or the other, darn it all.

Ben Reilly

First Post
I decide to just walk to the place I've setup to sleep in and rest up before the adventure starts. I want to make sure that I'm in the right frame of mind before things get bad.

Remove ads