• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric turns his head to look at the woman who spoke up, and says with the same smirk "But you heard what I said first, right? What's the fun in it if there aren't real explosions and a beautifully, dangerously complicated device settin' it all off, in just the right order, just barely far 'nuff to prob'ly avoid setting the buildin' on fire?"

EximiusNero

First Post
Lucius waits in line to sign up for the tournament. As he checks out some of the other competitors he makes sure to remain vigilant to anything suspicious.
"Eager to get started eh?",,He asks the man in front of him.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Lucius waits in line to sign up for the tournament. As he checks out some of the other competitors he makes sure to remain vigilant to anything suspicious.
"Eager to get started eh?" He asks the man in front of him.

]ooc[ i am going to take a guess and say this is me ]/ooc[

Renaldo takes his plumed had off and gives a short polite bow.

"good day sir." the young guards retuns his hat as he continues, " Eager, no. I am not sure how to describe. the tounaments have historically been festive, however this year it seems ... tense."

A furrowed brow shows his concern as to his thoughts.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Lady Nineveh d'Anovia and her small entourage have just arrived in the city and settled in to their quarters in the Lords' Manor. Rennaldo and the other members of Nineveh's elite guard stand before their Lady.

"As you know, I intend to make a significant announcement at the tournaments that will create a stir and ruffle a few feathers." She smiles at this prospect, the quirky grin that has enchanted many men firmly in place. "Because of this, I suspect that there will be at least one attempt on my life so be alert. I know at least one of you also intends to compete during your off time so I wish you luck, but remember that your first loyalty is to me. I will need you, now more than ever. Those of you planning on competing, please remain a moment. The rest of you may go."

Dominic, a young man that Rennaldo trained with, stays behind as most of the guards file out.

OOC: Actually, this is where Rennaldo makes his debut. ;) Lucius is talking to the smelly mercenary (NPC).

Shayuri

First Post
Alaric turns his head to look at the woman who spoke up, and says with the same smirk "But you heard what I said first, right? What's the fun in it if there aren't real explosions and a beautifully, dangerously complicated device settin' it all off, in just the right order, just barely far 'nuff to prob'ly avoid setting the buildin' on fire?"

Shayuri stares at Alaric narrowly, trying to decide if he's actually serious, or just having fun with her. Finally she decides the smirk suggests he's kidding. Despite the sour feeling in her stomach...she finds she dislikes being made sport of...Shayuri manages a somewhat stiff smile, not wishing to seem like she hadn't gotten it.

"Well then I'll leave you to your celebration planning then," she says coolly. With a glance at the older wizard she adds, "I will return soon...if there's a school to return to."

She gives the headmaster a sort of half-bow, half-curtsy, then nods at Alaric, and starts off for the door. She had a tournament to sign up for.

Yttermayn

First Post
"This tournament is getting serious.. I wonder who we will be facing.. this should be interesting.." Turning to Valen and Aohdan: "Soo, you haven't changed your mind? Still not interested in a Lordship??"

Aohdan smiles, but keeps his eyes low on the path ahead. "Welllllll, the idea has been growing on me. I originally had no interest. Then it occurred to me it would be fun to make a spectacle out of the jousting tournament. Then I realized I'd probably do fairly well at wrestling too... Then I thought "You know, a centaur lord would be pretty neat." So, yeah, I think I may go for lordship." Aohdan cocked his head slightly to try and see his companions reactions.

Amaury

First Post
Reacting to the centaur's words, Johen says: "Well, you'd have my support Aohdan. Your lordship would attract all sort of creatures of the woods.. we could plant new trees, grow new forests and.. hmm, well that would be good.. Jousting should be nice to see."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Tournament Grounds: The Line

The mercenary turns to Lucius with a sneer, "What's it to you, eh? You got a problem with me, lightbringer? Huh?! Say something, you little..." the rest of his words are a string of profanities as he edges closer to the cleric, spittle flying from his mouth with every word, landing on the cleric's shirt.

As Rennaldo enters the line, he sees, ahead of him, a young cleric of the Healing Light being accosted by a mercenary looking fellow.

The Tournament Grounds: Grobnobble's Circus

Anareesa laughs pleasantly at Rungner's question, "Oh goodness. no. I'm going to tour the city a bit. I've never been to the capital. If you want to compete, though, you might want to get in the line over there. Looks long enough already."

The Tournament Grounds: Near the City's Main Gate

As Johen, Aohdan, Valen and Aleera approach the city gate, they notice a commotion in the line for the tournament sign-ups. Aleera, still holding Valen's hand, holds back a bit, apparently wanting a private moment with the ranger.

The Arcane Academy: Common Room

Entan sighs heavily, "Alaric, you may have grown taller since you first came to me as an apprentice, but you are apparently no wiser. Please don't scare away the other potential instructors."

To Shayuri, the headmaster states simply, "I will need your answer as soon as possible. And pay no mind to my former apprentice. His soul was exchanged for that of a gnome when he was a babe." It is hard to tell by his expression whether the seemingly humorless man is joking or not.

The Adventurer's Guild Compound: Drinking Hall

As Muzdum is stalking out,

Ironhands gets to his feet angrily but Iphithis puts a hand on his shoulder. Ironhands shrugs it off and whirls on the half-elf, "Don't ye dare be trying to calm me! Or him for that matter! It was your scattered-brain elvish head that came up with the scheme to begin with!"

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri pauses and looks back, favoring the Headmaster with a much more genuine, and unwittingly dazzling smile.

"Do not worry, Headmaster. I do not scare off that easily."

For a fleeting moment the smile is turned on Alaric too, a mischievousness in it that her earlier hauteur belied...

Then she resumes on her way out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads