• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of the Damned, Pt. 2: Rats in the Walls

Torillan

First Post
Insight said:
Ragnar turns towards the elf, whom he barely knows.
"But, ah, when we find the killer, I knows how to deal with his type." The former gladiator smirks at the last comment.

At this line, Torillan smiles slightly and the sparkle returns to his eyes.

"I have no doubt about that, master dwarf." He bows slightly and continues. "Torillan Ellandilas, at your service."

Lot

First Post
Ottokar turns to the dwarf respectfully.

"And I am Ottokar, Initiate of the Order of the Silver Hammer."

He extends his hand to the dwarf. Ottokar then looks back at the rest of the group.

"Winifred..." He gestures to his friend. "...and I had just returned a rare relic of Sigmar to the temple here in the city. We gave it to a priest of Sigmar name Father Morton. Soon after we left, the Temple of Sigmar was infiltrated, Father Morton was slain, and the relic was gone. I say we return to the temple and examine the manner in which this crime occurred."

The young initiate speaks slowly, measuring each word as it leaves his mouth.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Greetinsg, I am Winifred van Torutheim and I am delighetd to make our acquaitance. I concur that we should retun to the temple whilst the events are fresh in peopls' minds and any trace of the crime will still remain. We can talk on the way"

Torillan

First Post
Wilphe said:
"I concur that we should retun to the temple whilst the events are fresh in peopls' minds and any trace of the crime will still remain. We can talk on the way"

Torillan nods his head in agreement. "Very well, then. Shall we?" he says, sweeping his hand towards the door. ""Ladies first, of course" he smiles.

Insight

Adventurer
Ragnar exits, spitting something awful on the floor. "I got na time fer pleasantness," he says, muttering to himself in Dwarf tongue. "We gots some investigatin' ta do, or somesuch. Dunno about that, just know I can settle matters with my flail, or fist if needs be."

"C'mon, yer laggin' ain't gettin' the killer caught no sooner."

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred collects her horse from outside and leads it back through the streets, "You two worked together before then? Ottokar and myself just hit town from Untergard, almost the first thing we did was deliver the relic to the temple. Walked straight out into the arms of your comrades, who said that the Captain wanted to talk to us about our journey."

"No sooner do we finish briefing him then he gets told the Father is dead. However it was must have worked quick. Ottokar, who else was there when we were entrusted with the relic?"

Insight

Adventurer
The Dwarf laughs. "Har har. Yeah, the elf and I worked together. 'e did good in a fight. That much I can vouch for. Can't say that much fer 'is choice a drink."

"As fer the matter of the murder," the Dwarf continues, "Occurred to me that someone might've been spyin' on yer dead friend, maybe waitin' til he was alone ta stick the dagger in deep. T'would explain a lot."

Lot

First Post
Wilphe said:
Winifred collects her horse from outside and leads it back through the streets, "No sooner do we finish briefing him then he gets told the Father is dead. However it was must have worked quick. Ottokar, who else was there when we were entrusted with the relic?"

Ottokar shakes his head.

"I can't be sure. I was trying to tend to Dietrich. Between his wounds and the relic, I wasn't paying attention to who was around. Plenty of people, though. Was Granny, maybe? Even if someone saw us take the relic, did they see us give it to Morton. What I think is more likely is that someone infiltrated the temple and heard Morton talking about the relic. I mean, the city guard knew it was missing, so Morton must have told someone about it for them to know it was missing in the first place, right?"

Ottokar sighs.

"We'll know more when we get to the temple. Now, it's just speculation."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Or he was killed for an unrelated reason, and the thief took the relic opportunistically. That could also be true, and is perhaps more likely. So lets not fixate on the relic as a reason why he was killed."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads