• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of the Damned, Pt. 2: Rats in the Walls

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
Durmedin turns to his companions and adds,
"Yes finding any connections not to mention a motive here is very elusive. The only connections between the two slayings so far are the darts, as well as the claw marks found near the scene. I was attempting to determine if the claw marks were made on the inside or outside of the window. Though the librarians were pretty adamant that there was no unusual activity nor forced entry into the library.

Also no one we have spoken with seems to have noticed anything unusual, including strange contacts that either the father nor the guard had made recently. Yet, somehow the two if not all must be linked, and most likely through someone they know.

There are too many things missing, and not enough clues to make any reasonable conclusions as of yet. We must continue to explore the other options and examine the situations surrounding the remaining slayings before we can say anything. Depending on those inquiries will we be able to determine if our searching was thorough enough! So let us go to the next stop along the hunt
!"

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
As the local members of your party know, unidentified bodies are turned over to the Shrine of Morr, according to custom and the law. Your initial inquiries at the shrine surprise the priests, but they quickly explain: "We were preparing to perform a Nameless Funeral — an abbreviated burial rite, followed by burial in a common grave. A group of men came and demanded to see the body. They refused to identify themselves, but they did identify the deceased as Gerard Kroen. According to them, he was a devout follower of Sigmar. Their leader, a tall, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes and a vicious scar down the left side of his nose, paid in gold for a full funeral. After the service and burial, they left."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Intriguing, did these gentlemen say where they could be found, or give any hint as to thier identity?", outside she looks to Ragnar, Torillan & Durmedin for answers,"Sound like anyone you know? Perhaps we should ask at the Temple"

Old Fezziwig

"They only said that they were followers of Sigmar. The gravestone they purchased for Kroen was highly ornate."

Lot

First Post
Ottokar listens intently.

"Perhaps we should return to the Temple. This leader sounds like a distinctive-looking man and, if they identify themselves as Sigmar's men, perhaps other Sigmarites know of them."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"May we see the grave?", Winifred will go have a look at it, more for forms sake than anything else

Then, "I agree, let us ask at the Temple"

Old Fezziwig

The grave is clearly fresh, and over it stands a headstone inscribed with the name of the deceased and the symbol of a crossed sword and hamer in front of a twin-tailed comet, flanked by the letters O and F.

OOC: Make a Very Hard (-30) Intelligence test or, if you have it, a Hard (-20) Academic Knowledge/Theology test.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred examines the grave, and takes a copy of the symbol, "I don't know what this is, but I feel like I ought to and that bothers me. Maybe someone at the Temple or the College will know."

ooc:
[sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736681

7, not quite good enough[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads