• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PAX East: DM D&D for WotC, get a free badge and/or hotel room!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My old friend Willi Burger is the RPGA coordinator for PAX East (Boston, April 6-8.) He's looking for as many D&D judges as he can find. I know I'll be running stuff for him. Come join me!

To volunteer, email Willi at rpgamarshal at aol dot com.

From his judge recruitment email:

RPGA Marshal said:
We're looking for judges for PAX East, April 6-8, 2012.

We always get more gamers than we can handle at PAX East and are looking to get every judge lined up that we can. Both three day badges (12 hours minimum) and rooms (24 hours minimum) are available.

If you would like to judge (we'd love to have you!) please let me know what you would like to judge, when, and whether or not you will need a room.

Willi

We'll be running

D&D Learn-to-Play - Friday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm; Saturday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm, 9 pm; Sunday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm

D&D Board Game Open Play - Friday & Saturday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm, 9 pm; Sunday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm

New and Experienced D&D Players - Rise of the Underdark: The Sun Never Rises

This short adventure is designed to introduce the players to the threat presented in the War of the Spider Queen D&D Encounters season. Players who complete this adventure have a chance to gain some benefits that they can carry over to the characters they play in the new D&D Encounters season. - Friday & Saturday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm, 9 pm; Sunday 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm

D&D Convention Delve: Lair of the Dread Witch - Friday 11 am – 11 pm; Saturday 11 am – 11 pm; Sunday 11 am – 4 pm

D&D Next Playtest Adventure - Friday 7 pm

D&D DM’s Challenge: The Elemental Chaos - Saturday 7 pm

Lords of Waterdeep Tournament - Sunday 11 am

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It's a tremendously fun convention. Last year I volunteered on-site to run a game, but I'm being more organized this year. It's also a great chance to teach new people how to play. You almost never have that chance, and it's something I love.

Nullzone

Explorer
In case anyone isn't aware, Willi is part of the Baldman Games crew, and its his team that makes up a chunk of the organization for PAX East's D&D games; if you've ever been to DDXP, Origins, or the Sagamore Ballroom at Gen Con, you've seen Baldman Games at work and they run a pretty tight ship. PAX attendees are (arguably) even easier to please, as they are quite used to waiting in lines, so it's a great low-stress event to interface with open Organized Play at.

If I wasn't already a PAX Enforcer, I would definitely sign up for this!

lucek

First Post
I'm defiantly signing up. I sat thru lines to play last year and not doing so to get some D&D on sounds good.

However I'm not positive I know were to ask. I sent a Email off to RPGAMarshal[MENTION=16713]AO[/MENTION]l.com as was indicated to do last year but I can't find a similar page for this years PAX EAST.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I have the email in my first post, disguised to thwart our over-enthusiastic mention system. I think you have it right.

Tharian

First Post
I would love to run a game or two, but I haven't played any 4e since a couple Boston Game Days ago let alone run a session.

Looks like it's to the back of the line for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads