Payn's Ponderings; Jack Reacher vs. Reacher

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finished the tv show. I was largely entertained, even though I found the wrap up too predictable.....and I'm generally not a fan of that kind of justice in real life....leaving me conflicted or something.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Necro:

So, I remember back in 2012 a movie called Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise was coming out. I am not the biggest Tom Cruise fan, and that has nothing to do with how puny he is. I just think he tends to do movies that I just dont find terribly exciting.
This is me with every one of his movies after his couch-jumping nonsense.

And every time I watch a Mission Impossible on a plane, or in a similar situation, I think "wow, that was great."

But the next time a trailer for one of his movies drops, I know I'm not going to see it in theaters, because I am still rolling my eyes at how ridiculous he got when he first started dating Katie Holmes and decided to fight with Matt Lauer about psychology.

I definitely let my knowledge of the person interfere with me enjoying the actor, because the actor picks good scripts and does a great job in them.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Top Tier- Cruise is a Decent Actor, and in Good Movies, Y'all.
The Outsiders, Risky Business, Legend, The Color of Money, Rain Man, Born on the Fourth Of July, A Few Good Men, The Firm, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Collateral, Edge of Tomorrow
Edge of Tomorrow is crazy good. Like, if it wasn't Tom Cruise, people would never shut up about how good it is. And I'm convinced that Emily Blunt could beat up every MCU actor in real life, possibly simultaneously.

Remove ads