• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

MerakSpielman

First Post
OOC: The rest of you can give the cleric a donation retroactively, if you like, if you do it before anything major happens.

Also OOC: I'm opening up a thread in Talking the Talk for meta-discussion or questions. Use it if you want, don't if you don't, but you might want to post there once just so you can set it to Email Notification. I'm adding the link to my sig.
------

The wandering priest thanks you for your donations, "Fharlong will surely smile upon you when you need it most. May the blessings of the Lord of the Road follow you as you travel." He continues on without a word.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Six days after your departure from the teeming city of Fifechester you come within sight of the agricultural community of Mertonian. For miles and miles away from the main town cultivated land stretches out, the dark earth already plowed in neat furrows. Several orchards and vineyards are visible as well. Commoners are laboring everywhere, and if honest work had an odor, this place would be rich with it.

The road continues down a very slight incline, through the main section of the town (there are no walls) and continues west out the other side.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(retro: )

"I can't call myself a wealthy man, but I'm sure I can spare a gold," Oren says -- a touch of resentment in his voice. He hands over his gold and continues walking, hoping the others will follow his lead.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
<Retro>
Norynth pulls forth 5 CP, all he can afford (and, truth be known, all that there was in his pouch) . As well he hands over a parcel of rations, as the Faithful need to eat as well when they travel the Roads.

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
(Retro):

Foran responds to the cleric's request with a smile, giving him two of his platinum pieces. "I happen to revere Fharlong myself. Best of health, and may your road of life have only good turns."

dpdx

Explorer
Kerith, following along slowly on his mule, and proud (for the moment) that he has not fallen from the creature, takes note of the position of the sun in the sky and (assuming it's daylight) asks the group:

"Does anyone need additional supplies? P-perhaps there is a shop in this town that could provide us with anything else we m-might need. My f-food will hold out for four more days, but B-b-butterc-cup is nearly out of grain, and I'm not sh-sure she'll be able to graze."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"A stop in town would be nice... I should have enough food to last me to Ambroi, but it would be nice to get some clear directions, or warnings up ahead."

Once in town, Oren will first look around for any word on the path to Ambroi, or rumor about the Keep itself. Following that, he'll check around for any games of cards or dice to fatten up his coin purse a little. If they exist, he'll stand to leave at losses of ten gold or gains of forty, or sunrise, whichever comes first.

MerakSpielman

First Post
The town of Mertonian is a mixed-up jumble of simple buildings. There are few distinct streets other than the main highway, which neatly bisects it. There are lots of silos, warehouses, and offices for dealing with trade and business. All in all, the number of conventional buildings and businesses (such as inns, armorers, and general goods stores) are few in comparison, though they are indeed present. Another major presence are shipping companies, whose wagons currently lay idle in wait of the first harvest. Few of the buildings, including the grain silos, are much more than one story high.

Despite the air of prosperity and business, there are lots of guards to be seen on the streets. It appears that, with export trade being the primary mover of the local economy, petty crime and theft is strongly kept in check.

I have Oren's actions. Does anybody else have specific actions for the evening before I post results and move on to tomorrow?

Remove ads