• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Sandman's Binding Game Thread

Paragon Badger

First Post
This is the in-character game thread for the Sandman's Binding. The campaign should start Weds. Until then PCs are encouraged to describe their starting locations in Silverymoon or roleplay character meetings.

Krug

Newshound
Ichtor wandered the streets of Silverymoon. He was tired of his room in the Inn of the Sages and desired some time. He looked around the markets for a snack for his familiar, Milgra, who flitted next to him. There were many stares, but Ichtor ignored them, as if the stirge were merely a canary.

"So Milgra... do you prefer chicken... or pork?"

garyh

First Post
As Nazgrel approached Silverymoon, an unease settled upon him.

"Why does the trail lead here?" he asked Razor Claw, his lion companion. "How does this... city... relate to the dreams?"

"Whatever the reason," he continued, "it had better be a good one. You'll have to stay outside of the walls and out of sight while I go inside, Razor Claw. I suppose you are the lucky one, aren't you, big cat?"

GoldenEagle

First Post
As Jonas rides into his camp just outside the city he sees his cohort Claiborne. "Claiborne, the flyer is indeed the calling of Nobanion. Raise the standard here and make our camp. You and I will go to town for supplies after the mid-day meal to gather any extra supplies we will need."

With mid-day fast approaching the group quickly raises a Tall pole with the standard of Nobanion over the camp. After all of the followers have made camp and begun to ply their respective trades (blacksmiths working on shoeing animals, craftsman maintaining wagons, animal handlers tending to the Mules and the caravan master making a list of supplies to travel to town with Jonas and Claiborne) Jonas begins toward Silverymoon with Claiborne. Elam the caravan master is an hour ahead already buying supplies for camp.

Jonas turns to Claiborne,"The flyer said that they were hiring many adventurers. I wonder if they have found others worthy of hiring. Let's see who we can meet in town. Perhaps we will find new friends."

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
As he Nazgrel approaches the city, he notices the banner of Nobanion flying in the breeze in a camp outside the city. Diverting towards the camp with Razor Claw, Nazgrel looks about for someone who seems to be in charge.

"Greetings, fellow servants of Lord Firemane. I, too, am a follower of Nobanion. I am called Nazgrel Lion Heart, and this lion is my faithful companion Razor Claw. What brings your pride to this city?"

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
"Well met Nazgrel and Razor Claw. Welcome to our camp. I am Jonas and this is my dear friend Claiborne." Jonas Dismounts and walks over to greet Nazgrel.

" We were just on our way in to town for supplies. I am here in Silvery moon by Nobanion's will. 20 days ago this flyer was brought to my attention in small hamlet to the west." Jonas hands the flyer to Nezgrel. "It seems that some people are having trouble sleeping. I have been hired on to help find and solve the problem." That seems to be the pattern since I've left Waterdeep. Find a question/Problem only to answer it and have more spring forth. Someday I will return to waterdeep to my family with answers.

"I do apologize... would you like some food? As a follower of Nobanion, you are of course welcome to stay in our camp. The mid-day meal is just finished but I am sure there is enough for a traveller and his companion. (Jonas calls for some food to brought "Hinkle, bring some food for our new friends") If you are headed to town we will wait for you to eat."

"What brings you here on this fine day?"

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"Thank you for your hospitality, Jonas."

"I left my wemic pride on the Shining Plains because our chief began suffering terrible dreams that seemed more real than fantasy. I have traveled here, to this city, because I have heard from travellers that a call was put out for adventurers to look into odd dreams."

"I am glad I have found you here, Jonas. In my time with my former orc tribe and my wemic pride, I have spent little time in cities. I consider myself a brave man, but I am uncomfortable in cities. If you will accept my company, I would appreciate your guidance in this Silverymoon."

"Perhaps, one day, in the wilds, I can return the favor."

GoldenEagle

First Post
"So you are here for the same reason. Well met indeed. I would love to accompany you into Silvery Moon. We shall be off at your leisure. Emul, our caravan master, left for town this morning to purchase supplies. He should be ready for us to stop by with our final additions to the list. Now that you are properly fed, shall we go?"

Meanwhile, in town Emul is purchasing supplies when he notices an "ecclectic" traveller approach. He is speaking to a merchant " our purchased supplies are for the camp outside of town. We are here to answer a flyer for help. It seems that some of your townfolk are having nightmares. Our caravan Leader has been hired on to help. He should be here any minute. Ahh here he is now...JONAS...OVER HERE...Jonas this is the merchant who will be supplying our food. The dried goods are already on the way back the market. I left the particulars of your supplies to you, as you asked. I didn't get a chance to ask about a temple of Nobanion yet."

Jonas replies, "Thank you Emul. You have once again exceeded expectations. If you would like to head back to camp I can take care of the rest. This is Nazgrel. He is to have a tent set up so that he feels welcome in camp. I will see you soon" And with that Emul heads off to camp with the supplies he purchased.

"Nazgrel, I need to purchase a few things here in town. Do you need anything here at the market?"

garyh

First Post
"I believe I have everything I need," Nazgrel replies, "but I will accompany you. When will we meet with those who posted the notice? What do you know of them?"

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Ichtor glances at the flyer. "Nightmares, uh, Milgra? We have plenty of those to spare, don't we?" he says, as the Stirgie dips its probocosis into the body of a struggling chicken and drains it of blood.

Ichtor casts a glance at the others at the market. "Ahh... what strange brethen has arrived here. Lions, Knights, orcs.. oh my," he says.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads