• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC as a mount?

There was a thread along these lines a while back, altho more focused on the Halfing riding the Half-Orc.

The method I adopted is quite simple. You can only utilize the Mounted Combat ability when controlling the mount per the Ride rules. {using a move action to direct the mount and the mount cooperating} . Of course, penalties for makeshift saddles and other sub-optimal circumstances come into play. {'Squeezing' penalties for the ridden character, etc..}

The small advantage gained by this tactic is comparable to the effort the character spend on utilizing it.

Lamoni

First Post
Well, the familiar is intelligent. And if you can somehow grant it access to the appropriate feat, I'd have no problem with it. The argument of it not working on intelligent mounts doesn't work because the Paladin's mount is quite intelligent.

The argument of "...some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use." still holds water though. Of course this still remains open to how the DM and the player view mounted combat working. I can't really visualize it, but maybe someone else can. I also agree with Primitive screwhead. If the familiar is actually riding you with its ride skill, you better be moving where it wants you to go. Not just where you might want to move to.

melkorspawn

First Post
So, naturalists observe, a flea Has smaller fleas that on him prey; And these have smaller still to bite 'em, And so proceed ad infinitum. Thus every poet in his kind Is bit by him that comes behind.

-Jonathan Swift

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads