• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC CHR design help: Tarzanlike Druid w/ strong companion

DonTadow

First Post
Thrash said:
So....why not just awaken the Dire Ape (lvl adj -6) give him the Leadership feat and a lvl 2 druid. Effect character level 8?
Looking over the dire ape, he might bea bit too demonic and unnatural than what the character is going for. The awakened concept with a few extra balancing HD might do the trick though from what i gathered from all the posts. It's like the jUngle book.

Thrash

First Post
Hehe it's me J-man Don :p

My original concept was taking the full -6 LA for the character and the dire ape......Awakening the beast may account for his softer side...

Conaill

First Post
Thrash said:
So....why not just awaken the Dire Ape (lvl adj -6) give him the Leadership feat and a lvl 2 druid. Effect character level 8?
I don't think I've ran the numbers onthe Awakened Dire Ape yet, but I'd probably put it at around ECL 9, even *without* any class levels! 5HD Dire Ape +2HD Awakened +2 LA (assuming same as regular Awakened Ape) = ECL 9.

An Awakened Dire Ape Drd2 woudl be equivalent to an 11th level character...

(PS: Note that Druid is probably a quite sub-optimal class choice for such a melee combat monster as an Awakened Dire Ape. But that should not affect it's LA or ECL assignment.)

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
Thrash said:
Hehe it's me J-man Don :p

My original concept was taking the full -6 LA for the character and the dire ape......Awakening the beast may account for his softer side...
LOL well hell it's your concept you can do what you want. I didn't know if a 9ft tall dire ape was what you'd be interested in. Obviously a lot less demonic.

Last edited:

Thrash

First Post
Well I haven't run any of the numbers yet.....though I noticed a few links and browsed through them, luckily the character isn't needed yet. I will crunch some numbers and see what I can come up with....but yeah looks like awakening a dire ape would be a pretty high ECL. Maybe the ape could take "dire" for his PrC!! =-D j/k

As usual though for an outside the box character I understand that there is always rule 0. That's why I wantd to post it and see if it was feesable or not before I went ahead and tried to make it.

Last edited:

Thrash

First Post
(PS: Note that Druid is probably a quite sub-optimal class choice for such a melee combat monster as an Awakened Dire Ape. But that should not affect it's LA or ECL assignment.)

I am not a min/max type......I like the flavor so as long as I don't break/bend any rules I would just play it for the character concept flavor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads