• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC, Xbox 360 or PS3?

Chaldfont

First Post
frankthedm said:
So? Unless she spent less than $350 on her extraneous purchases this year, it is time to get a 360.

Its not just the $350. It's the $350 plus what I spent at Gen Con plus all the other gamer books I bought this year plus all the new brewing equipment I bought this summer plus the family trip to Cancun in January plus...

Well, you get the idea. I have too many hobbies.

freebfrost

Explorer
ohGr said:
I'd also add Crackdown to the mix; best surprise of the year, for me. Very fun.
Definitely a fun ride there!

My only ding for that one was that it was a bit short, and I wish they would have continued to ramp up the Agent's powers - I always thought that The Incredible Hulk - Ultimate Destruction set the bar for having superhumans in games, and I wish they'd done more towards approaching that level of power.

Mallus

Legend
Chaldfont said:
Well, you get the idea. I have too many hobbies.
Don't be silly, it's good to have more hobbies than playing video games and pretending to be an elf.

For instance, drinking martini's...

ohGr

First Post
freebfrost said:
Definitely a fun ride there!

My only ding for that one was that it was a bit short, and I wish they would have continued to ramp up the Agent's powers - I always thought that The Incredible Hulk - Ultimate Destruction set the bar for having superhumans in games, and I wish they'd done more towards approaching that level of power.
I agree on both counts; Ultimate Destruction is an awesome game. (And the Xbox version is backwards compatible on the 360, so it's another one worth checking out.)

Simplicity

Explorer
Oh yeah, speaking of XBox360. I just tried out PuzzleQuest for the first time on the XBox360 arcade. That's actually one hell of an addictive RPG. I keep restarting everytime my character is "Defeated"... Rather a hard way to play it, but keeps you on the edge of your seat, that's for sure. :)

Mallus

Legend
ohGr said:
I'll second Oblivion, Orange Box, Rainbow Six: Vegas and Dead Rising (haven't played the rest). I'd also add Crackdown to the mix; best surprise of the year, for me. Very fun.
ohGr and freeb: thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely check out Crackdown and Dead Rising.

As for Oblivion, I just picked it up cheap for the PS3 (really, you can play games on it...). I haven't spent much time w/it, but it looks very promising, and by promising I mean 'life-sucking'. I'll probably end up getting the PS3 Orange Box too, when then finish it. I'm really curious to see that the final retail product looks like after Gabe Newell said such kind things about the PS3's architecture (after getting another developer to do the port).

freebfrost

Explorer
Simplicity said:
I keep restarting everytime my character is "Defeated"... Rather a hard way to play it, but keeps you on the edge of your seat, that's for sure. :)
Why are you doing that? You still get some rewards for losing, and can replay that battle at anytime.... I went up against a Giant Bat at least a dozen times since he was about 2 levels higher than me when I first encountered him, but I eventually beat it down.

Enforcer

Explorer
Man, I blew through the first 17 rooms of Portal on the Orange Box last night. That game is mind-blowing. So cool and so fun. I love the computerized voice too.

Simplicity

Explorer
freebfrost said:
Why are you doing that? You still get some rewards for losing, and can replay that battle at anytime.... I went up against a Giant Bat at least a dozen times since he was about 2 levels higher than me when I first encountered him, but I eventually beat it down.

I know you can, but what's the fun in that? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads