• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen releases PCGen v5.9.3 Alpha

Steve Jung

Explorer
Greylock, what happens when you change the "PCGen System Directory" location to "...\PCGen\PCGen580\cmp_system_files\cmp_system_v35e" and exit PCGen? If you restart the program and look in the Preferences, does it reflect the change?

kingpaul

First Post
Greylock said:
Please, sir Kingpaul, if there is a basic and updated, working FAQ for installing your datasets, please link it here.
Installing our datasets? PCGen comes bundled with the datasets already, no futher installation needed.

edit Oh, you're referring to CMP's datasets for PCGen. The PCGen team does not have anything to do with how CMP does their datasets for the PCGen program.

Greylock

First Post
kingpaul said:
edit Oh, you're referring to CMP's datasets for PCGen. The PCGen team does not have anything to do with how CMP does their datasets for the PCGen program.

Well, that's funny. You say this is a CMP roblem, and I should contact them. CMP says this is a PCGen problem and I should contact you.

Why am I getting the feeling I should be contacting my SAG?

kingpaul

First Post
Greylock said:
Well, that's funny. You say this is a CMP roblem, and I should contact them. CMP says this is a PCGen problem and I should contact you.

Why am I getting the feeling I should be contacting my SAG?
I was referring to datasets, which the PCGen group has no control over how CMP does theirs. What CMP is saying on their forms is that it might be a code problem that you have uncovered that we don't know about. In that case, its a PCGen issue.

Greylock

First Post
In that case, advice would be dandy. I ma using PCGen 5.8.0, downloaded last week, Java 1.4.1, updated Java Runtime environment only this past Saturday, and my OS is WinME.

As I said at the top of thread at CMP...

BarakO

First Post
I asked this in the other thread and it got closed right after I posted, so I'll ask again here.

What was the problem and how did you get it fixed Greylock? It might be good to know for any others out there that might be having the same issue.

Remove ads