• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen v5.15.10 (Beta) Released!

Maredudd

First Post
PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation and maintenance software, announces the release and immediate availability for download of PCGen v5.15.10 (Beta)!

To download your free copy of PCGen v 5.15.10 (Beta), visit PCGen's download page.

Its been a month since PCGen's last alpha release but in that time the team has been very busy fixing a slew of bugs and adding a Data Converter that will ensure that the data files you have written or purchased will continue to function in future versions of PCGen. The PCGen team has also added several new data sets for your use, including a whole new game system . . . Paizo's Pathfinder RPG (Beta Playtest Edition)!

To see the full list of features and bug fixes added in this beta release, including more information about the new Data Converter and the Pathfinder RPG (Beta Playtest Edition), check out the Release Notes.

As the first beta release for this development cycle, this build has all of the new features planned to ship with PCGen v5.16. The rest of this development cycle will be dedicated tobug fixing and, in the case of special work like the Pathfinder RPG, filling in the missing pieces. An essential part of this is of course you, the PCGen user, so download your copy of PCGen v5.15.10 (Beta) today and try it out, and then let the PCGen Team know of any issues you find. PCgen's trained monkeys are ready and waiting for your feedback!

PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us at PCGen@Yahoo! or visit our website and wiki.

This software uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, used with permission. This software is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Pathfinder, Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

PCGen Team

Tharian

First Post
I saw the following error message when I tried to load the Pathfinder data to have a look at the new support.

LSTERROR Expected a Double for WT: 3 lb.
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'WT' '3 lb.' for pcgen.core.Equipment Helm of Underwater Action
LSTERROR Expected a Double for WT: 1 lb.
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'WT' '1 lb.' for pcgen.core.Equipment Horn of Blasting
LSTERROR Expected a Double for WT: 1 lb.
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'WT' '1 lb.' for pcgen.core.Equipment Horn of Blasting (Greater)
All Done

Papa-DRB

First Post
It has been fixed and checked in. For now just ignore it. The issue is the "1 lb" should just be "1" for those three items (or 3 as the case may be).

Qualidar

First Post
It doesn't seem to work with the psion class: gets hung up at 1st level by not allowing me to pick skills or powers. Does anyone know their way around that? (Perhaps I should start up a thread?)

LegacyKing

First Post
Hi Qualidar,

I'll file a quick bug report and follow up with the team that is working on the Pathfinder Sets and see if we can't get this resolved for you.

Can you give me any details to relay to the team? It freezes with the Psion beyond 1st level because of this error, or are you seeing any other error messages in the console output?

Thanks for the feedback, we do work hard to squash all the bugs quickly whenever possible.

LegacyKing

First Post
It doesn't seem to work with the psion class: gets hung up at 1st level by not allowing me to pick skills or powers. Does anyone know their way around that? (Perhaps I should start up a thread?)

How exactly are you selecting 'Psion'? I don't see that as a choice in either the program, nor the data sets provided. Could you please clarify the steps you are taking.

Thanks,

-Andrew

LegacyKing

First Post
Hi All,

Sorry for the multiple postings.

Qualidar, I 'assumed' you were talking about the Pathfinder sets, since the previous posts related to that. I think that was my mistake and apologize for it (I blame lack of sleep and the fact it's 1am now for me). I'm using the 5.15.11 (SVN 9336 Build) on a Windows Vista (32 bit) with Java 1.6 (6u11 I think). I set my memory for min 512 to 1028 max in the highermem bat file. I loaded up the complete RSRD Set (single set), using gamemode 35e. I was able to make a 3rd Level Psion Egoist and select skills and powers. (NG, Human, Psion/Egoist 3) Stats all 18 across the board.

I didn't see any error messages, no freezing. I will need what steps you took to duplicate this problem.
Version (assuming 5.15.11), OS, Java (1.5 or 1.6), Set(s) being loaded, and the basics of creating the class (Alignment, Race, Class [levels]), etc. If the coders can duplicate it, then we can fix it. If you see an error message, or an NPE/Stack Trace, please provide that. Anything you can give us would be appreciated. Feel free to contact me by private IM or post your information at our site.

Sincerely,

Andrew Maitland
- Admin Silverback, Board of Directors
(One really sleep deprived Monkey)

Qualidar

First Post
Hi All,

Sorry for the multiple postings.

Qualidar, I 'assumed' you were talking about the Pathfinder sets, since the previous posts related to that. I think that was my mistake and apologize for it (I blame lack of sleep and the fact it's 1am now for me). I'm using the 5.15.11 (SVN 9336 Build) on a Windows Vista (32 bit) with Java 1.6 (6u11 I think). I set my memory for min 512 to 1028 max in the highermem bat file. I loaded up the complete RSRD Set (single set), using gamemode 35e. I was able to make a 3rd Level Psion Egoist and select skills and powers. (NG, Human, Psion/Egoist 3) Stats all 18 across the board.

I didn't see any error messages, no freezing. I will need what steps you took to duplicate this problem.
Version (assuming 5.15.11), OS, Java (1.5 or 1.6), Set(s) being loaded, and the basics of creating the class (Alignment, Race, Class [levels]), etc. If the coders can duplicate it, then we can fix it. If you see an error message, or an NPE/Stack Trace, please provide that. Anything you can give us would be appreciated. Feel free to contact me by private IM or post your information at our site.

Sincerely,

Andrew Maitland
- Admin Silverback, Board of Directors
(One really sleep deprived Monkey)

Hi Andrew,

I'll send you an IM separately so as not to bore everyone else here with my tech issue. ;)

I will say here, however, that I'm impressed by your diligence following up my issue. I am dealing with the regular 3.5 rules here, but I'm glad that you're supporting Pathfinder moving forward, as that's where my games are headed. What an awesome resource!

Remove ads