• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PDF sales question

Nathal

Explorer
How many of you opt for high-res graphics and large PDF file sizes for PDF sale products?

What about interactive content like music, or "packages" for download like a zip file which includes music and 3D maps, etc.?

Has anyone found there is a limit to the file size the typical buyer will download? I'm not sure how many people who would buy from RPGnow or other sources would actually download a file over 2 or 3 megabytes. It depends on how many have cable or DSL I'd suppose.

Any thoughts on this subject are much appreciated!

Drawmack

First Post
What I would really like to see is an adventure that uses
something where I can adtually have the players use a computer to manupilate a crime scene etc. sort of a hybrid between computer based RPGs and table top RPGs. However this is a pipe dream that will probably never come true. My honest feel on PDFs is that you should release two versions. A low processor version and a high processor version. Music I would include in a seperate file so it can be burned to cd.

Stormcrow

First Post
Personally, I do try to acquire as much gaming material on PDF as I can. I do a good deal of gaming over the internet and do a good deal of work with The Pathways, A Dragonlance based chat site. I like to have my materials close at hand so I can look things up quickly and get on with gaming. I'm going to support any company that makes PDF's available

annadobritt

First Post
Since I print out all the pdfs I buy, I don't like having fancy borders, color art and anything else that would use up more ink.

As to file size, I prefer them to be less than 10mb in size since I use a 56k modem.

Remove ads