• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PDFs and bookmarking.

PDFs- With bookmarks or without?

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Bookmarks, d00d.

Bookmarks.

In fact I wished that when I buy PDF's from Drivethru and RPGnow that they tell you what's bookmarked and what's not. No bookmarking on a 96pg PDF I might be able to deal with. No bookmarking on a 196pg PDF is a no no.

Mal-2

First Post
Why would you choose to buy the same book without bookmarks if you have the option? Or do I not understand the question?

Anyway, PDFs ought to at least have bookmarks that mirror the Table of Contents for the product.

Psion

Adventurer
At this point, it's 100% poll. First I've seen.

I was actually rather disappointed that one PDF I purchased recently (one that could require some quick referencing during play) didn't have bookmarks. I was like "who does that anymore?"

JoeGKushner

First Post
Uder said:
Bookmarks are soooo easy to create. Would there ever be a reason to not include them?

One company I asked said that it was a compatibility issue with older computers and versions of Acrobat.

Hence my wondering of what part of the market can't use those features. I know some computers can't be upgraded due to financial costs, I havent' upgraded mine in like four years, but at the same time, what part of the market are those people and do you want to work actively to keep them by messing with a feature that the majoirty of it wants?

Roudi

First Post
That bookmark-less PDF ought to have some features or content that the bookmarked one is lacking.

Bookmarks all the way... they are to PDFs what page numbers and Tables of Contents are for print books.

JimAde

First Post
I think a more interesting question might be "would you be willing to pay a little more for a bookmarked PDF?" That is, do people recognize that it takes a bit of effort to keep the bookmarks accurate during development and would they be willing to pay, say a 5% higher price?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads