• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Peacetime apology

Emerikol

Adventurer
So, up until a week or so ago, I'd been away from ENWorld for a very long time. That being the case, I want to say this, and I hope this isn't an inappropriate place for it.

During the 3E/4E split, I said some things that some people interpreted as insulting to 3E, PF, or people who played them. I never intended my comments to be taken that way, but things were pretty emotionally charged, and I wasn't nearly as careful with my words as I should have been, especially as someone working in the industry.

So, to anyone I offended at the time, my sincere apologies.

I think you can be forgiven since you were actually earning a living from one of the editions. Like the other people I don't mind. Or if I do I go away for a bit and then come back. Works wonders.

Welcome back Mouseferatu. I too drifted away from EN World a bit in the last few years, but have started posting more lately with the release of 5E.

I noticed you posting in a thread the other day and thought it had been a long time since I'd seen you on here last (but wasn't sure as I wasn't posting much either). diaglo is another user I've seen a post from recently that I hadn't seen in years.

So it's good to see some of the older users back again.

Welcome back Mouseferatu. I too drifted away from EN World a bit in the last few years, but have started posting more lately with the release of 5E.

I noticed you posting in a thread the other day and thought it had been a long time since I'd seen you on here last (but wasn't sure as I wasn't posting much either). diaglo is another user I've seen a post from recently that I hadn't seen in years.

So it's good to see some of the older users back again.
I don't know if any of y'all remember me, but I remember a lot of you.

Side note: when I started posting on ENWorld again, there were a lot of names I remembered that I didn't see posting here anymore. But when I popped by Circvs Maximvs, I saw a whole bunch of old vets of the edition wars hanging out down there.

I don't know if any of y'all remember me, but I remember a lot of you.

Side note: when I started posting on ENWorld again, there were a lot of names I remembered that I didn't see posting here anymore. But when I popped by Circvs Maximvs, I saw a whole bunch of old vets of the edition wars hanging out down there.

The name sounds a little familar, but I could also be confusing you with another "doctor" username. I have my viewing settings set to not display avatars, so I can't even use those as a memory jog any more!

In any case, welcome back as well.

Stormonu

Legend
I myself had picked the 3E/PF side of the fence, ripped up the picket and sharpened the posts into stakes - and stuck them in the ground, pointy side up facing at the "4vengers".

Not happy about that at all, and I'd rather we all be family again, talking about a game we all enjoy.

Good to see you back, Mouseferatu.

I myself had picked the 3E/PF side of the fence, ripped up the picket and sharpened the posts into stakes - and stuck them in the ground, pointy side up facing at the "4vengers".

Not happy about that at all, and I'd rather we all be family again, talking about a game we all enjoy.

Good to see you back, Mouseferatu.

I never "got" the edition wars myself. How does what someone else is doing in their game impact at all on what happens in your game?

Actually, maybe's it's best to just leave that bugbear well alone!

Dice4Hire

First Post
I remember the edition wars and the ignore list it spawned. I periodically clean out the list and it is empty now. Hopefully I do not fill it up again.

Welcome back!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads