• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PEACH: Feats

Anton85

First Post
So I was working on my own RPG system, when i got bored and started checking out the star trek online combat system. They inspired the following feats. Note that reflex defense replaces armor defense in my system.

Star Trek Combat Feats

Combat Roll
Prerequisite: Phaser Stance, Defensive Run
You can enter your phaser stance by rolling into it.

As a swift action you can shift up two squares and and drop prone.

Phaser Stance
You knell on one knee in order to steady your aim and present a smaller target.

Whenever you are prone, you gain a +2 bonus to ranged attack in addition to the normal modifiers.

Normal: Begin prone grants you a +2 bonus to your reflex against ranged attacks, and a -2 penalty to your reflex defense against melee attacks.

Defensive Run
You are adept at avoiding enemy fire by running as fast as you can.

Whenever your run as a full-round action, you gain a +2 bonus to your reflex defense until the start of your next turn.

They seem fine. That is, none of them seem like they will be too super awesome.

Requiring both Phaser Stance and Defensive Run for Combat Roll seems a little harsh... But I don't know how often you are giving out feats.

Anton85

First Post
Character's get one feat per level. Even human characters wont be able to get combat roll until 2nd level. Combat roll lets you shift two squares, so i think it is worth the prerequisites.

I think I will bump defensive run up to a +5 bonus, since you cant do anything else that round.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads