Pendragon

Maerdwyn

First Post
Thorvald Kviksverd said:

Thuringia?

Orcish Empire?!?

You're saying some of my ancestors were Orcs :eek: ?

Considering that this is a Pendragon thread, I've half-a-mind (talk about an opening) to challenge you to a joust a outrance! ;)

BTW, nice job on the adaptation.

:D Hey, it's not all bad - Orcs are easily the most dominant race on my campaign world. They're not as ugly as standard orcs either.

I'm just no good at making up original names for places. No offense meant, of course;)

hong said:
...I would, indeed, be HIGHLY insulted by that. Everyone knows that the Thuringians were kobolds...

As if being called an Orc wasn't bad enough!

Green Knight, pay close attention, and you shall see a demonstration of how weapon skill is split between two foes...

...ALLEZ!!!

hong

WotC's bitch
Thorvald Kviksverd said:

As if being called an Orc wasn't bad enough!

Well, really, there's no pleasing some people. I mean, if being an orc is bad, then being a smaller orc is clearly not so bad, yes?

Green Knight, pay close attention, and you shall see a demonstration of how weapon skill is split between two foes...

... One person gets the left hand, and the other one gets the right hand.

...ALLEZ!!!

Ah yes, I loved that animated feature by Hanna-Barbera. The antics of Allez-Oup, Barnee Rubbel, Wilma la Douche and Betti (just Betti) kept me enthralled for hours. Stay away from the dubbed versions, though. The subtitled ones are MUCH better.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Thorvald Kviksverd said:

...ALLEZ!!!

I use the "Sacrifice Shield" option...

Thorvald retreats from the realm of faerie, to gather more knowledge and, mayhaps, to acquire a charm to ward off these foul creatures' antics upon his return (i.e. I'm off to class :) ).

hong

WotC's bitch
Thorvald Kviksverd said:
Thorvald retreats from the realm of faerie, to gather more knowledge and, mayhaps, to acquire a charm to ward off these foul creatures' antics upon his return (i.e. I'm off to class :) ).

:D

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Wow. That's waaaay too complicated a system for me and my group. Too much book-keeping. Isn't there a simpler way to implement the system? Without so many categories?

You also didn't clearly say what all the traits and passions were. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your conversion, but I'm more confused now than ever! :(

Maerdwyn

First Post
Passions are defined for each specific character as the game goes along - when he picks up a new enemy or love interest of swears fealty to a new lord, for example. They are different for each character.

If you go to the website I listed a few posts back, it has a few sheets that show the entire list of trait pairs that I use.

At first, try filling out the all the trait pairs once for your character, and don't worry about tracking them during play, if that seems to complicated. I find that the process of doing this at the time of character creation really helps me develop a character's personality before I play him.

As for bookkeeping, it's really not too bad - everything during the game is simply placing a check mark on a sheet, and that only happens when the character does something either out of character or takes some extreme action. The rest comes at the end of an adventure, and doesn't take any more time than other end-of-adventure activities.

If you want to discuss the system further, I'd be more than happy to do it by email (iliston@yahoo.com), but I don't want to hijack SHARK's thread more than I already have :)

Remove ads