D&D 5E People of the forums I need your help to build a character

mellored

Legend
Fighter's are pretty straight forward to play. Champion fighter's the most straight forward in the game.

You won't be OP since you'll lack magic or ways to deal with hordes, but you will be useful (mainly with damage) without needing to think about tactics. Just go forward and hit stuff, repeatedly. Something throw a javelin if the enemy is too far. 5e is pretty balanced.

As for serious / comedy, that's roleplaying. Doesn't matter much which class you are.

Cruller_rodman

First Post
Sezarious you are an absolute legend! Thank you so much for that! I've have forwarded this to my DM he's going to help me build something around that.

Ravenkith I have not seen that film in years haha maybe subconsciously I'm remembering it for my character

Kithas

First Post
I love this idea, it reminds me of my favorite movie of all time; A Knight's Tale. Probably where you got the idea as it's incredibly close. Sir ulrich von lichtenstein reborn :)
I like most of the above suggestions, you could go with those OR
You could really focus on the sir LANCEe(a)LOT part. Just sayin if you have both the Dual wielder and the Mounted combatant feat you can dual wield lances as long as you are on horseback... It's rather devastating.
For that build you'd need a good str and con, definitely animal handling as a skill. Cha to not get your lie found out, Deception proficiency would help. Starting in fighter for heavy armor and weapon proficiencies definitely helps. My tactic, because this is too ridiculous not to also be a surprise, would be to start variant human with the mounted combatant feat go 3 levels in fighter(Defensive Fighting style) to champion(a little more simple but just as effective as battlemaster, and hey d12 crits!) then take 2 levels in Ranger, nabbing the all important two weapon fighting fighting style. Make no mention of this choice and make it seem like you wanted the spells, also buy a "back-up" lance and acquire a steed. Then on that magical 4th level in fighter pick up the Dual Wielder feat! Pull out your second lance while on horseback and wreck everything in sight. go to 5 in fighter for extra attack and then 3 in ranger for horde breaker because even more d12s. Then just max fighter, eventually you'll get a third fighting style, I'd say GwF for when you aren't mounted.
It's silly but actually very very scary. Your dm will stop putting you in situations where you can bring a horse.

ravenkith

First Post
Can small creature still ride medium creatures? Best lancer I ever played was a halfling paladin that rode a dog: could basically take that build anywhere a human could go. :)

Kithas

First Post
Can small creature still ride medium creatures? Best lancer I ever played was a halfling paladin that rode a dog: could basically take that build anywhere a human could go. :)

Not sure, but now small creatures can't use heavy weapons, like lances

Cruller_rodman

First Post
So my game is tomorrow I went with a Bard as a base and concentrated a lot on charisma to pull off my lie, I chose Bard because they start with a lot of gear aimed at deception and I get a little magic flavour.

I'm going to cross skill in a fighter later on so I can access to heavy weapons and armour, my back story incorporates this as well. I grew up with circus where I learned how to play music and con people. I feel in love with a knights captains daughter and decided to run away and join the knighthood to be close to her, she was promised to a prince from another nation but I was caught sleeping with her, I escaped capture but this started a war between the two nations

Now the real story that only my DM knows is that I never joined the knighthood, I stole the armour and forged documents just to impress the girl

Rhogar_Rarr

First Post
Not sure, but now small creatures can't use heavy weapons, like lances

A Lance is a "Special" and "Reach" weapon but it is not a "Heavy" weapon funnily enough. They also qualify for the Dual Wielder feat as long as your mounted because they only take 1 hand to use while mounted.

zaratan

First Post
The problem to ride a medium creature is if you want mounted combatent feat (that is a must go for mountated combat). The advantage part is almost useless now.

Remove ads