• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Permanant haste for a +3 enhancement

Tyrrell

First Post
Last night I became aware of the nimbleness enchantment from Defenders of the faith. My cursury reading of this enchantment gave me the impression that nimbleness provides a +4 bonus to AC and an extra partial action every round. and the impression that nimbleness is a +3 enhancement bonus equivelent power.

Could someone please explain to me how on earth this could be percieved to be balanced? Did I just not search the errata hard enough? Did I miss-read it? Were the authors really that carlessly stupid? What did I miss?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Definitely a mistake; I remember this one leaping off the page and dopesmacking me around the first time I read DotF :D.

Even the designers have said they don't know how that got through. I think the general consensus is it should be a +6 or +7 enhancement, not a +3. Alternately, make it +3 and provide only the extra partial action, not the AC bonus.

Daniel

Tyrrell

First Post
Okay I just downloaded the D&D FAQ and the DotF FAQ from Wizards. I haven't found the correction yet. Do you have a page reference?

kreynolds

First Post
Here it is. You have to download the latest version of the Main FAQ (the question is in light blue)...

I and many others have found the armor of speed, which
gives a permanent haste effect to the wearer, far more
powerful than its +3 enchantment cost ascribes. Are there
any official errata or words of advice on how to rule usage
of armor of speed in a game?

Yes, the armor works like boots of speed (command
activated, up to 10 rounds of haste each day). The speed armor
quality costs the same as +2 armor bonus.

Also, no doubt the name mentioned in the first post is throwing people off. Nimbleness is an armor enhancement from MaoF that improves the armor's max dex bonus. The one from DotF is called Speed.

Last edited:

dkilgo

First Post
Pielorinho said:

Even the designers have said they don't know how that got through. I think the general consensus is it should be a +6 or +7 enhancement, not a +3. Alternately, make it +3 and provide only the extra partial action, not the AC bonus.

Daniel

Where did you get the info on this general consensus? I have been looking everywhere, and have yet to find it.

Remove ads