• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Perspective...

Jesus_marley

First Post
Today I had one of the worst possible days at work. as soon as I got to work, everything that could possibly go wrong at some point did go wrong. As sector supervisor, I have discovered that the job entails a lot of juggling. At any given time I have at least 3 different tasks that need to be accomplished. Unfortunately, during the day I generally only have 1 person (me) to attend to them all. In the afternoon, I have more people but it doesn't get any easier, I just get more tasks. Today I had to travel 40 KMs east to pick up a key to admit a person to a site 40 KMs in the other direction. as soon as I was done there, I had to ground at a different site because the guy booked off 30 minutes before his shift. After that, I had to admit a different person to a different site 40 kms away. As soon as I got there, I was informed I had to return because of a security incident. After THAT was dealt with I had to remove 3 vagrants from outside a coffee shop who REALLY didn't want to leave. Then I was politely informed by my boss that I am losing two of my staff to emergency groundings and I have to delegate out their outstanding work to the other staff who already have too much to do on their own. GAH!!!!!!

Then I get a phone call from a friend of mine. His girlfriend died today from cancer....

Harmon

First Post
Life seems to spin us all around once in a while, it keeps things interesting.

Sorry for your rough day, and your friend's lose. Losing someone close to you can really throw a wrench into life.

I hope that everything is slightly better today, and continues to get better.

Take care.

Sounds like a typical day for except for the friend passing away (got one undergoing treatment now however). Sorry to hear of it however. We all have better and worse days. Its all the rollercoaster called life (I hate rollercoasters).

Remove ads