D&D 2E Perusing 2e Warriors and Priests of the Realms - Converting to 5e backgrounds and archetypes

naturaltwenty

Explorer
Publisher
I'm late to the game..ahem..pun intended. While cleaning up my basement, and gaming collection which is where it resides, I came across my AD&D 2e stuff. Note, cleaning up the basement has been an ongoing project and organizing games usually leads me to sit down with said game instead of putting it away much to the consternation of my wife :).

Anyway, I stopped at Warriors and Priests of the Realms. As I cracked it back open I started to convert, in my head, some of the 2e kits as 5e backgrounds. As an example, Warrior of the Dales is just a background limited to the elf, half-elf, and human races that for all-intents-and-purposes grants you a minor weapon bonus or skill.

Warrior of the Dales - Daggerdale 2e Kit - free choice of agriculture or hunting NWP, a 500 XP bonus, an increased cost to initial goods purchased and only 4d4 x10 starting gold if you're a fighter.

Warrior of the Dales - Daggerdale 5e background - free survival skill, XP Bonus of 150 (note this is only of value if you're using XP advancement vs. milestone so maybe if you're using three (3) adventure milestone you get a free one (1) advance). You're starting equipment will be reduced but I'd throw in a +1 to hit item (non-magical) that you acquired with the free XP/advance.

NOTE - this is just a two (2) minute off-the-top-of-the-head conversion.

Knowing that I'm not the first to do this I was wondering if anyone has come across (and can link) to some DMs Guild conversions for this material?

Remove ads