• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Peter, Paul and Mary KNEW!!!!

Corsair

First Post
bento said:
And here I had heard for years that the song was about smoking dope! :p

And you were still wrong. The song was based on a late 1950's poem by a Cornell student about innocence lost. One of PP+M (I forget who) was also a Cornell student and teamed up with the original author to turn it into a song.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The "smoking dope" interpretation is real, and was (I believe) an FBI creation. The Feds were on P,P &M and the rest of the "damn Hippies" for being anti-American commie pinko scum, so anything they did was suspect. (You should read about what they thought of John Lennon...)

It was detailed & ridiculed in a comedy routine by George Carlin...whom I bet was the inspiration for this (brilliant!) second interpretation.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Also, Rich Burlew knew.

In the last installment of OotS that went up before the announcement, Roy cuts off the head of a Dragon.

It can't get more obvious than that.

Also, the head fell on a powerful villain, ending his threat. Make of that what you will. :)

/M

hong

WotC's bitch
Idiot troll. What kind of people can fall for this idiot troll. I am reporting this thread to the administrators. Stupid idiot trolling.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
If you go to the island of Kaui'i, you can see Puff the Magic Dragon. It's a formation of mountains around a large body of water. The legend goes that Peter, Paul and Mary loved it there, and were hanging out one day (and probably on quite a few hallucinagenics) and noticed the rock formation. The song was written there.

Even if you hate PP&M, or don't care about Puff, Kaui'i is like paradise on earth. I highly recommend any and everybody make it there at least once in their life.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads