• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Petition] We want the Game Table Back in Development

Lokiare

Banned
Banned
I know there are many people out there that feel the same way as me. They want wizards of the coast to go back to creating the Virtual Table Top or Game Table as it has been called. If you are like minded please post a short response in favor of it. No discussions please. This is merely to let WotC know exactly how many people they have alienated, and how many people think the VTT/Game Table should be high priority.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
Why?

What is WotC going to offer us that Kloogewerks, Fantasy Grounds, Battlegrounds, Maptools, OpenRpg, and ScreenMonkey don't?

heruca

Explorer
@DMFTodd: 3D graphics, integrated voice chat, a lobby for game-matching, a huge userbase, and subscription-based pricing.

Personally, I'd like for WotC to deliver their VT someday, if only to fulfill their promise and put an end to all the whining on the WotC forums. But I won't be subscribing to DDI, regardless.

azhrei_fje

First Post
@DMFTodd: 3D graphics, integrated voice chat, a lobby for game-matching, a huge userbase, and subscription-based pricing.
Hmm. I suppose I can agree that 2 (maybe 3) of those are pluses instead of minuses. But only barely.

Personally, I'd like for WotC to deliver their VT someday, if only to fulfill their promise and put an end to all the whining on the WotC forums. But I won't be subscribing to DDI, regardless.
Heh, I don't care. I don't read the WotC forums any more, so if people wanna whine about such things, I'd prefer they do it there instead of here. ;)

Seriously, I am extremely happy that WotC opened the eyes of gamers to what a VTT could be, but beyond that I'd prefer they GET OUT OF THE WAY as they're slowing down the rest of us! What's that saying? "Either lead or follow, but get the heck out of my way!"

Iron Dog

Explorer
You can add my name to the list. And probably every other gamer out there that lives under a rock in the middle of nowhere with no other gamer for miles around and no time to spend days "programming" a rule set and typing campaign notes and macros and making maps to prepare any of the other existing VTs for just one night play, provided that you had a contact network already established with enough players to play it.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Or just download the existing mods for any of the VTT that have been created by the users (lets say Fantasy Grounds for instance). And the majority of the VTT companies have specific sections of their forums or calender's setup for people to find games.

Iron Dog

Explorer
Or just download the existing mods for any of the VTT that have been created by the users (lets say Fantasy Grounds for instance). And the majority of the VTT companies have specific sections of their forums or calender's setup for people to find games.

Provided that the material is OGL. 4ed is not. I've yet to see any mod that's not liable for a law suit that has reprinted 4ed material directly incorporated into it.

I am currently playing around with maptools using veg’s 4ed framework. I still have to create macros for powers and even tho I'm using maps for adventures that other people have made, I still have to do a lot of work to incorporate an adventure into it.

Wizards promised that their released material would be incorporated into their DDI tools releases. Tho I'm not expecting that the VTT would be able to do the DMing for me, (if I wanted that, I'll go play WOW, but then again I have a life ;)), the "plug and play" concept is what is greatly desired from me.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
WotC promised a package of goods that they never actually had. It didn't help when they purged their programing staff last year either.

I need macros for the dice rolled at my dining room table ;)

Remove ads