[PF] Age of Woe

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"......"

Yiun looks to Xenon, and then pointing to himself with one blade and the stairs with the other he hurriedly leaps towards the stairs.

[sblock=OOC] Init = 16

Double move action to get as far up he stairs as possible. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon

"Go, I will keep watching on the door!"
Xenon confirms to the silent warrior.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (1d20+3=12)

Xenon is content with staying down and watching the door. If it opens, he will throw his mindblades at the thing that tries to come in and then goes straight to the cellar.

AC 16 (T13, FF13), HP 13/13, F +4,R+5,W+1
Ini: +3
PP: 4
Mindblade: Skirmisher, slashing
Mindblade: +4 [1base + 3dex], 1d6+1 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2, throwing
of full: +2/+2, 1d6+1/1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2, throwing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Even the street toughened Ranger cannot but be affected by such a gruesome sight - one of the very children she had striven to protect turned to such a monster - and she stands gaping as the creature attacks.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Regardless of which of us the thing charges, Slip will take a 5' step to get in flanking position. She'll still miss, and likely attack last in the round, but . . .

Initiative, To Hit (1d20+3=5, 1d20=4, 1d20=5)[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
In the Cellar:
[sblock=Nydra and Mero]
As she speaks and tugs, the lock doesn't give, but the grate scrapes loose from the wall, part of its metal frame already nearly rusted through snapping in the process. Beyond the grate is a narrow shaft, about three-foot square, sloping downward at about a forty-five degree angle. The stone of the shaft is slick with slime. It descends about ten feet before opening into blackness. There's no way to tell how far the drop is to the sewer at the far end of the shaft.

OOC: Initiative and action, please.
[/sblock]

Mero Init (1d20+2=19)

Seeing the way clear into the sewers, Mero sends his wisps forward into the dark tunnel. Ducking his head just a little, he starts to walk down the tunnel. "I don't envy you tall-folk having to crawl through this to fit." he says as he shakes an offending bit of sludge from a boot.

ghostcat

First Post
Turning to Mero Nydra says "There is no way to climb down here without ropes. Anyone going in there is going to" Suddenly realising that Metro has entered the tunnel, Nydra stop speaking and looks at him in shock; expecting him to slide down the slope and fly out into the unknown.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Hello!

I know it seems like I'm more of an AM* and a DM, but the continuing drama of my life continues. On the good news front, my daughter finally seems to be getting over the worst of her two-month long asthma problems.

On the bad news front, I'm out of work again, and looking for a new job. I'm pushing to return to teaching come next school year, but in the interim I'm likely going to be doing short-term grunt work off and on. I'm also waaaay behind with some writing projects for my Big March Product Release.

I'm pretty busy the rest of today, but I will have time to starting getting caught up (again) come tomorrow and into the weekend. In fact, I have no plans at all this weekend other than regular family and church stuff. Otherwise, I plan on writing, posting (which counts as writing), and maybe finishing off a bottle of single malt.

* AM = Apology Master :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: My peaceful weekend of getting caught up on writing turned into a day at the rodeo, an evening babysitting for a friend, and then a birthday party for my sister the next day.

Upstairs:

"......" Yiun looks to Xenon, and then pointing to himself with one blade and the stairs with the other he hurriedly leaps towards the stairs.

Xenon confirms to the silent warrior.

Yiun arrives just behind Marcus and Slip at the instant a horrible creature, part child, part feral flesheater, charges. Its bloody claws and gore-stained fangs strain for the attack, but Marcus is quicker.

Marcus will waste no time at the horrific visage. With both his rapier and dagger already drawn and ready he prepares for the attack!

Marcus's rapier pierces the thing's throat in what should be a mortal wound. The monster recoils with a ghastly hiss, dodging Marcus's dagger in the process. The ragged wound its throat oozes blood and some other substance best left uncontemplated. Despite its horrible injury, it lunges and its fanged maw snaps shut close to Marcus's left forearm.

Even the street toughened Ranger cannot but be affected by such a gruesome sight - one of the very children she had striven to protect turned to such a monster - and she stands gaping as the creature attacks.

Slip slides to the side, opening a line of attack for Yiun at the same time she flanks the monster with Marcus. Her attack is clumsy, however, and the thing easily evades her weapon.

In the basement:

Seeing the way clear into the sewers, Mero sends his wisps forward into the dark tunnel. Ducking his head just a little, he starts to walk down the tunnel. "I don't envy you tall-folk having to crawl through this to fit." he says as he shakes an offending bit of sludge from a boot.

Turning to Mero Nydra says "There is no way to climb down here without ropes. Anyone going in there is going to" Suddenly realising that Mero has entered the tunnel, Nydra stop speaking and looks at him in shock; expecting him to slide down the slope and fly out into the unknown.

Mero quickly realizes Nydra's words are true. While Mero's wisps do illuminate the tunnel, they cannot advance far without leaving his line of sight. The slime-slick passage isn't long, but it slopes downward sharply before it drops off. Mero estimates there is probably a 10-foot drop at the end of the shaft. Advancing farther in for a better look at what lies below will require careful balancing.

[sblock=OOC]
IOW, if Mero wants to move more than a few feet into the small passage, he'll need to make a DC 8 Acrobatics check if he uses the walls and/or ceiling to help steady his descent. Otherwise, the Acrobatics DC is 10. Significant failure (6 or more points) could result in a nasty tumble.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Intiative Order: Mero (19), Yiun (16), Xenon (12), Marcus (10), Ghoul Child (9), Slip (5), Nydra (?)
Ghoul Child: 8 damage; very injured.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Ghoul Child Initiative: 1d20+4=9.
Ghoul Child Bite vs. Marcus: 1d20+6=15, 1d4-1=2.
[/sblock]

Remove ads