[PF]Cruel Skies

Lughart

First Post
I'm starting up a Pathfinder game to ease my way into PBP DMing. The initial adventure should be long enough to earn the characters a few levels, but can easily build up to a campaign if I can manage it, and people wish to continue. This game will be somewhat combat oriented, but I'll give lots of opportunities to employ other abilities and skills if the characters focus on them.

Maximum 5 players.

Setting:
Traders Rest is a tiny settlement built around an oasis in the Tchavaal desert. It is located halfway between two big cities, Carani to the south and Vhol in the north, and serves as a facilitator of trade and travel between the two. Tchavaal is a dangerous place to travel, but skilled navigators can avoid the worst perils of the desert and deal with the rest. Sandstorms make permanent roads all but impossible to establish, and camping out in the desert can be lethal. Thus, Traders Rest is a neccessity to maintain a traderoute between the two cities.

In addition to a tavern and a few crafthouses, Traders Rest houses the Trackers Guild, a group of rangers making a living guiding people to and from the cities. Their members know the desert well enough to guide their charge from the Rest and out of the desert on horseback in one day. Without the help of the guild, however, travelers face a very real danger of losing their way, or riding straight over a nest of giant hornets.

I'll post more information about the setting on request, but his should be enough to paint a basic picture.

Character creation:
Core rulebook stuff only. I need to keep it simple as this is my first time DMing PBP.
20 pt. point buy
Starting level 4
Standard gear (6000gp)
You can take average HP if you wish.

The character should have some reason to be in Traders Rest when the adventure starts. He/she could be living there, traveling between the cities or working for the trackers guild (although such a character should have at least one rank in survival and Know: local or geography). Other than that, go nuts.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I would be interested, what will the posting expectations be, because if I can be a quiet guy off to the sides that does ok in a fight that would be great, as time constraints make posting frequently hard.

Lughart

First Post
I'm thinking 20 pt point buy, starting level 4, core rulebook only. Very gonzo, with lots of possibilities of fighting, but also of avoiding it. 3-5 players.

One more interested player and I'll post more information.

Lughart

First Post
That barbarian would fit just fine:)

So we have three peope interrested, thats good. I'm hoping for one or two more, but I can run it with three players.

I'll add more information in the first post now. And a snazzy name.

Padreigh

First Post
Grand. :)

I should have a charcter concept up by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest (long weekend coming up, so I won't be near a computer for most of the time :D)

Remove ads