• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

fireinthedust

Explorer
Julius picks up the Gem. His body immediately pauses when he lifts it up. His eyes start to glow red!

[sblock=Julius] Holding the Gem you are suddenly sucked into another reality! Well, your mind is at any rate: you can still sense the others far away, but now your mind is inside a dimension within the Gem.

You're face to face with a beautiful young woman, seemingly human but with hair that blows in a wind that doesn't touch anyone else. She's wearing veils and jewelry and little else, and looks more lovely than any human woman you've ever seen. She has eyes that are like the great depths of the sky, sprinkled with white like a tossing snow storm.

The color within the gem is red, and you can see yourself colored red.

The woman speaks I am Arael, daughter of the Djinn. You must hurry and get me our of this vault, and away from that creature. It is a horror that has fed off my magic for many millenia, weakening me so that I cannot escape. The vile men of this temple serve it and other dark creatures as if they were gods, and captured me within this gem so that I could feed their master. Please get me to the surface and smash the gem under open sky. If you do this, I can reward you handsomely, for my people have great magical powers.

Julius: you suddenly get pulled out of this conversation.

[/sblock]

Everyone: Ragnor takes the butt of his spear and knocks the gem out of Julius' hand! The Gem clinks as it hits the ground, unharmed.

Julius wakes instantly.

The pedastle has a hole in it (Knowledge: Arcana check to identify the specialized hole)

The whole surface where Julius and Ragnor are at starts to rumble. Everyone can hear chittering and buzzing, as of trillions of moving legs and shuffling carapaces rubbing together.

!

fireinthedust

Explorer
Obvious to you now, you see that the hole is designed to siphon magical energy from a source into the base of this block/pedastle, likely for consumption or to power something.

Everyone: everyone down there is aware of the rumbling, and can see what's going on on the other side of the room. The webs have started shaking!

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Grab that gem! I don't know what's coming but if it comes from down there I don't want to be here when it rises. Let's get the hells out of here!" Sindri suits action to his words and with Jack's support begins making his way out of the structure.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"Everyone get out of here, NOW" After he is sure everyone is moving Julius will say: "I saw a woman in there, she said something about being daughter of the djinn or something, she said I need to take the gem outside and smash it there."

ghostcat

First Post
Angus backs up towards the exit tunnel and stands to one side sword raising, crouching behind his shield. He waves everybody through, at the same time saying in a parade ground voice "Get going. I'll bring up the rear."

Once everyone has past, he will turn and run after the others.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Keepiru stands fast while the others begin to scramble away. He continues to hold his light high until the others have jumped back across the pillars to safety.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Okay, we're going to say that Combat has started now.

Angus: waiting by the door
Keepiru: monitor the room until the others go

Initiatives, everyone, please!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads