• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #51: The Shadow Gambit

soulnova

Explorer
Lanel feels a little pain by having such a light purse after his shopping. He likes the weight of the gold, but he likes better to be in one piece. He will look around inside the temple as a curious visitor.

[sblock] Is there a map we can see to plan our positions for the next day?[/sblock]

Lanel would like to see if the place is guarded. If there's nothing going or persons of note after 15 minutes, it would be best to go back and prepare for tomorrow.

If someone starts gutting themselves in a ritual or something, he will leave ASAP. Guts... are not of his liking.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You take the chance to look around the inn, noting places you might be able to secrete yourselves for the next day's confrontation of Basel Ardoc.

[sblock=OOC]No map for this one, though I can probably come up with one if you desire. You can assume you'll be able to spread yourselves out amongst the tables, or enter as a group, or whatever you desire.

Sorry, vl. . . .[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Lanel will tell them a quick plan.

1.- Dogan and Kalenth would be better to enter before and stay in a table behind Ardoc.
2.- Lanel will enter 5 minutes later and start talking with Ardoc.
3.- Harken should then enter and sit behind Lanel.
4.- If anything happens, Dogan and Kalenth can jump easily into the fight and Lanel might have a clear shot with his Color Spray with support from Harken behind him.

"It would have to be enough to have all our bases covered" he explains. If they don't have anything else to do he will suggest to go back to rest. "Let's keep it clean, my friends. I really doubt we might be able to kill them but lets try to make this as bloodless as possible"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Building scouted, plans made, you return to your rooms to rest and prepare for the 'morrow.

[sblock=OOC]I'm headed out of town, and out of internet access, from a few minutes from now until sometime Sunday. Unless someone posts alternate plans between now and then I'll get an update out Sunday night that will get you into the meeting with Besel Ardoc.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=Mowgli] Alright, if you want I can try to put up some kind of speech before Sunday and post the Diplomacy Rolls. Let's hope it doesn't come down to fists. xD [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The next day dawns . . . anxious to get on with your mission, everyone is up early. You break your fast and make your way quickly to the Augur's Entrails, where you set yourselves up according to the plan.

You've been there only about a half an hour before there's some small commotion from outside and you hear a rhythmic whine and metallic clanking approaching the door. Shadow fills the open doorway as an enormous figure stoops and turns slightly to fit through. This is the source - at least part of it - of the clanking sound. The figure is followed by a tall, well muscled man, and then by two more of the strange constructs.

Besel Ardoc - for this must surely be him - moves gracefully across the room and takes a table in the center, his strange bodyguards arraying themselves around him and facing out into the tavern before settling into complete stillness.

[sblock=OOC]Lanel's training in the arcane arts allows him to recognize the bodyguards as Iron Golems - very powerful constructs that can be created only by extraordinarily skills artisans and mages . . .[/sblock]

PeteZero

First Post
Seeing the bodyguards Dogan swallows hard, no fists here, that will not work. He sighs, and makes it over to Besel's table. "May I ask you some questions?" he approaches Besel.

Remove ads