PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
You start the march back to Haven, moving with the Havenites to guard them along the passage. Luckily, you meet no resistance along the path and after a few hours you find yourself back within sight of the bone walls of Haven.

OOC: More soon. :angel:

Phoenix8008

First Post
As you come into the light of the torches on the walls of Haven, the gates crack open and a contingent of troops rush out to surround you and the returning Havenites in a protective formation while you make your way into the city.

Once inside, you are greeted by guard captain Niko and led forward to a place you can sit and relax. "Well, I see you found what was left of our troops. I thank you for that and hope you were as successful in acquiring the crown which was stolen as well." the Captain says with anticipation. "Unfortunately, it seems that some of those who didn't make it back were tortured for information. Because a few hours ago Balthazar attacked again and made off with your wizard friend Alahastor and his magical staff. My guess is that this Balthazar intends to force the wizard to open one of the portals and let his monstrous allies and himself escape this imprisoning place." Niko finishes with an apathetic sigh.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm trying to remember what's going on here... If I remember right, Alahastor needed the crown to open one of the portals and get us all out of here, yes? If not, why did we go chasing the crown, again? So now we have the crown but not the wizard.

[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=readers digest summary]The crown is the key to Haven's defense against the monsters attacks. It lets them create controlled undead to act as soldiers, fodder, building materials, etc. Alahastor has the magical knowledge to open one of the portals with the aid of his gem topped staff which the party brought from his house. He was trying to convince them that they could escape with his help if he could get his magical staff here. They imprisoned him because he was agitating people with his talk which wasn't possible without his staff anyway. The group went after the crown to help Captain Niko and Haven. He promised that if you got the crown back he would free Alahastor and give you all the chance to try and open a portal like the wizard said he could.

Now that Balthazar has taken Alahastor and his staff, Captain Niko is afraid that the monsters might get free of this place leaving the Havenites and your characters stuck forever here if Alahastor is taken through the portal or killed. The other consideration is WHICH portal the monsters might choose to escape through. The one they came from originally, or the one emptying into Alahastor's basement where they can flood out into Orrussus and cause untold destruction...[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
"Well that was careless!"

Peladus stands, hands on hips, shaking his head in disbelief. After a moment he sighs deeply.

"Did anyone see which way they took him? And did they take his possessions with him? I'm thinking about his spellbook. No wizard wants to lose that! If he has it, he may still be able to help us when the fighting starts. You were planning on asking us to rescue him, I assume."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, of course we'll rescue him. We're heroes. It's what we do. Besides, we can't get out of here without his help. Just tell us which way they went." Periwinkle adds, already looking around as if she could spot the kidnapped wizard from here.

ooc: Of course they'll go for the portal into Daunton. I mean, duh. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry again for the delay. Another game in RL has been hogging my attention. :blush: You'd think being unemployed I'd have even more time, huh? Anyway, I'll try and get this wrapped up.

Captain Niko answers "Yes, the creatures did take his spellbook and other possessions with them. And it seems they may have been heading towards the gate you came from. I assumed that you would volunteer to go after them since his fate will be bound yours and all of ours it seems. We have started preparations to evacuate in case it is possible to rescue Alahastor and for him to get a gate open. Is there anything else I can help you with or any other questions I can answer before you head out?" the Captain asks with sincerity.

Boddynock

First Post
"There is something. Can you send a messenger to the Hunter, to advise him and Dair that we may be leaving any time now? Apart from that, I think we're ready to go."

Unless any of the others have anything to add, Peladus stands, collects his gear and heads out.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Let us be going, then..

OOC: Its amusing that someone is proposing a 30 year 'reboot' of LEW to save it. We should just let the monsters run amok and solve that problem. ;)

Remove ads