PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: One correction of myself. The summoned wolf could not have attacked Xir last round due to his Protection from Evil spell. It also couldn't have moved to attack Kona'i without drawing an AoO from Xir, so we'll say it did nothing. Which is already the case pretty much since it's rolled attack didn't hurt Xir anyway.

-Peladus moves forward again before casting a ray of frost at the original wolf. The creature is able to dodge the freezing attack though.

-Xir moves between the wolves and rushes Balthazar, trying to grab him and hold him. The druid lashes out with his quarterstaff and bashes one of the Xeph's arms hard enough to stop him in his tracks. (5 damage to Xir from the AoO hit)

-Periwinkle moves up behind Peladus some before casting another Magic Missile into the original wolf. The meager damage annoys the creature. (2 damage to wolf 1)

-The first wolf turns around and bites at Xir, but can't get through his protection.

-Balthazar retreats further until his back is nearly touching the glowing blue surface of the gate which Alahastor is still working to open. The druid leaves himself open to an attack from Xir as he moves away though. Xir slices at the druid and scores a small hit. (Xir hits Balthazar for 5 damage with AoO.) After moving, he begins casting a long spell again like the last time he summoned the wolf.

-The second wolf moves forward and bites Kona'i hard, and shakes the monk right off his feet along with scattering drops of the monk's blood all over. (9 damage from the bite and Kona'i is prone after trip attack: -4 melee AC, +4 ranged AC, and needs move action to stand)

-Kona'i manages to kick the wolf away long enough to struggle to his feet and punch it hard in the face.

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle can go again...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Wolf (-17 hp)
19- Balthazar (-16 hp)
19- Wolf 2 (-9 hp)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus
12- Xir (26/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle

attachment.php
[/sblock]
Balthazar AoO at Xir with Quarterstaff to stop grapple. (1d20+5=25, 1d6+2=5) Critical threat!
Balthazar Crit confirm roll. (1d20+5=18, 1d6+2=4) No crit.
Wolf 1 bite attack at Xir (1d20+4=7, 1d6+2=6)
Xir AoO at Balthazar (1d20+6=20, 1d6+1=5)
Wolf 2 bite attack at Kona'i (1d20+5=19, 1d6+3=9)
Wolf 2 trip attempt: Wolf2 Strength check vs. Kona'i Strength check (1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=5)
Kona'i unarmed attack at Wolf2. (1d20+3=21, 1d6+3=9)

Attachments

• PH2-Balthazar5.JPG
    PH2-Balthazar5.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 437

Boddynock

First Post
Things are not looking good so Peladus decides to take a risk. He moves forward 15 feet, then dips his fingers into his spell component pouch. Pulling out a pinch of multi-coloured sand, he flings it ahead of him, while murmuring the words of a spell. A cone of clashing colours springs from his hand, enveloping Kona'i and the wolves but not quite reaching Xir.

[sblock=OOC]Moves to I4 and casts Color Spray. DC 14 Will save required.[/sblock][sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 4/3

Cantrips:
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Ray of Frost
Ray of Frost

Level 1:
Color Spray
Magic Missile
Magic Missile[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: IC is down, so I rolled them manually here w/ a d20. Wolf 2 and Kona'i both made their saving throws, so only Wolf #1 is affected but it is still on its feet. Looks stunned and blinded though.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
We cannot let him escape. The statement was as much of an exclamation as Xir had every made. Ignoring the wolves, he charged the caster, green blade shimmering.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: The one wolf that isn't stunned and blind is a summoned creature and can't do an AoO at Xir, so go ahead and give more details of his attack if that is what you were waiting to find out.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle quickly loads her crossbow and fires it at the stunned wolf, hitting it squarely.

[sblock=actions]Load and fire crossbow, hits AC 20 for 6 damage. I didn't include any penalty for firing into melee, since I'm thinking that wolf isn't in melee at the moment. Also, I didn't include any AC penalties for stunned or blinded. I'm assuming it hits.

Periwinkle still has one level 1 spell left, either magic missile or ray of enfeeblement. I'm kind of saving RoE for Balthasar, if I get a good shot at him.

Also, don't forget (like I did) that bless is up.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Peladus moves up and casts Color Spray at the wolves and Kona'i. The original wolf looks stunned and blinded by the spell while Kona'i and the newer wolf seem unaffected.

-Xir charges at the druid, but misses on his attack when he reaches the druid.

-Periwinkle loads and fires her crossbow, hitting the original wolf squarely with the bolt. It wobbles on its feet, shaking with effort to remain standing.

-The original wolf holds its position, shaking its head to try and clear it.

-Balthazar finishes casting his spell with another howl, which is again answered by a return howl as another wolf appears next to Peladus. The druid then casts another spell which makes his quarterstaff grow small spikes and barbs on the now glowing ends. He twirls the newly enhanced weapon and prepares to attack at the next opening he spots.

-The second wolf bites at the wobbling monk and is only stopped by Periwinkle's Shield of Faith.

-The third wolf surprises the mage though and bites Peladus hard on the thigh. For a moment the mage thinks he's going to black out from the injury, but he holds onto consciousness long enough for the wolf to shake its head powerfully while still clamped around his leg. A moment later, Peladus is looking upward at the cavern ceiling with his head on the stone floor. (9 damage from the bite, luckily it didn't confirm the crit. The trip attempt came out a tie from the rolls so I used the higher modifier for the tiebreaker which gives the win to the wolf who trips Peladus, making him prone.)

-Kona'i strikes twice at the wolf near him, but misses both times.

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle can go...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Wolf (-23 hp; stunned & blinded)
19- Balthazar (-16 hp)
19- Wolf 2 (-9 hp)
19- Wolf 3 (no damage)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus (2/11 hp)
12- Xir (26/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle (11/11 hp)

attachment.php
[/sblock]
Wolf 2 attacking Kona'i, Wolf 3 attacking Peladus (1d20+5=14, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+5=25, 1d6+3=9) Crit threat on Peladus
Wolf 3 crit confirm roll/dmg (1d20+5=6, 1d6+3=8) Crit not confirmed.
Wolf 3 trip attack vs. Peladus Dex check (1d20+3=13, 1d20+2=13) Rolls were a tie, so I'm using the highest modifier as the tiebreaker, so the wolf wins the trip attempt.
Kona'i flurry of blows vs. Wolf 2 (1d20+3-2=13, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+3-2=12, 1d6+3=8)

Attachments

• PH2-Balthazar5.JPG
    PH2-Balthazar5.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 412

Remove ads